...and I will have written the memory and thereby lived it twice.
Monday, May 19, 2014
Random awesomeness
*I accidentally deleted this post while trying to edit it with pics of Caden and Liz, so if you've seen this, I added a few cute pictures but this is otherwise the same post as earlier this week!
I love the big trips to California and Mother's Day at the beach (coming soon!) but nothing beats the daily minutia of life with London.
Some of her recent awesomeness:
Lu: 'Mom, can we go inside the donut store?'
Me: 'Let me think about it.'
Lu: 'Is your head thinking yes or no, Mom?'
Caden to London: 'What is your favorite game to play?'
London: 'I can't catch you and you can not catch me either.'
One afternoon after a fun play day London said, 'You made me feel so sparkly special today, Mom!' :)
It's finally, solidly spring time here but April was a little testy. Winter one day, spring the next. On one unexpected rainy, cold day, grumpy London piped up from the backseat and said, 'I just told God to don't put any more rain out and don't put any more wind out and bring back summer right now!!'
I asked her how coconut water was made. Answer: 'Monkeys get coconuts and crack them open and pour water into bottles and give it to the humans.'
On privacy: She closed the door behind herself to go potty at home one day and told me that 'she needed some privacy so nobody could see her business.' Ha!!
She loves to be outdoors. One Sunday afternoon we piled a whole bunch of stuff to play with outside so she could run around and I could lay out and read my bible study book. Silly mommy. She sat on my behind/laid on my back the whole time I tried to be still. She likes having me as a playmate. So if I was going to be still, she was going to be as close as possible so we could talk a lot. Mylanta, I love her. It won't always be this way and I love it. I'll take a London sized tan line any day!
She's coloring here because this is clearly the only spot to color! :)
Thanks to the lovely Booper, we are super interested in bird watching. This same Sunday afternoon, we made homemade bird feeders and hung them from a tree. Then we made strawberry smoothies, set out our lawn chairs and watched the birds fly around the back yard. This was momentarily disturbed by a lizard sighting but it was so fun to just chill out and talk birds with my little lady!
Booper was in Birmingham babysitting the twins and Charley on Mother's Day so we met up for pizza at a place down the street with a great patio. I noticed Caden and Lizzy slow dancing outside, so naturally I popped out to document every. single. turn. This boy. He is a joy to be around. Truly. He has such a heart to make people happy. He was totally into his roll of dancing with the girls and there was no measure for the delight the girls had over having a real dance partner. I mean, look at their faces. And yes, that's Lizzy kissing him on the cheek for dancing with her. Gah. So cute!
And just because her face is awesome.
A few days ago, I was about to drive out onto a busy street and found this guy very slowly attempting to cross the street. I attempted a rescue, which you can read about below.
A quick backstory on this type of critter. For London's 3rd birthday, we all went to the aquarium. The night before our trip, Andaddy told London some signature Andaddy story about how she needed to be careful around the snapping turtles because if one bites you, it won't let go until it THUNDERS.
So, please see my photo, description, then my dad's reply below. He is the greatest ever!
I love him so much!
{Video}
Lu was with her Dad this week and he sent me this video of her… video proof of why she's the greatest of all time!
She came home on Friday and we big time celebrated her return! (coming soon!) She was a bit quiet when she first came home but I think it was like after you've been at camp where you just need to decompress a bit. I let her sleep with me Friday and come Saturday morning, she was not letting me out of her reach. We didn't even get out of bed until 10 am because every time I tried to get up, she'd squeal and ask me, 'can you please just stay and cuddle with me???' Sunday was a lot of the same! She made a bed for us on the couch then asked if we could cuddle up and watch a movie on my phone. We spent pretty much the entire weekend with her in my nook, giving me lots of sneak kisses. My momma heart is so full and I'm over the moon to have her back home with me!
Sunday brunch at Waffle House. After she finished she stated that 'today is a sticky, greasy day, Momma!' Ha! Yes, punkin. Waffle House is a bit sticky, greasy, and delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment