Friday, November 21, 2014

Winter beach

A few weeks ago, London and I popped down to the beach to hang out with the 'rents. They have encouraged me to come down for the Pensacola Arts Festival for years but I've never taken them up on the invitation. We made a last minute decision to swing down there and I'm so glad we did! I can't put my finger on exactly why I feel this way, but this trip settled into my soul as an important time with my family. It felt like memory making... I talk about it a lot on the blog. The moments that I catch myself thinking, 'Remember this minute. Just like this. Don't forget.' 

One of my very favorite TV shows is called 'The Office'. The darling couple on the show started this motion before their wedding that when they were in a perfect moment together, they would act like they were taking a picture with an invisible camera. It was their way of not forgetting that exact minute. This whole weekend felt chock full of those little minutes that I want to hold on to and make them last. So, here are my mental pictures. 

But first, Jim and Pam {video}. YOU GUYS. If you want to cry every tear you can possibly produce, get on Netflix and watch The Office Season 6 Episode 5. The wedding. EVERY. SINGLE. TEAR. Also, if you watch it and think, 'you know, so and so reminds me EXACTLY of Jim Halpert', then note his age. If he's in his late teens, you need to set up a date with Charley. If he's in his 30's, send him my number immediately. Charley and I are both looking for the same dude, 15 years apart, based on a ficticious character. We are realistic. 



I digress.... :) Not a bad view to drive in, walk on the balcony, take a deep breath, and say thanks for every day He gives. I'm so thankful for our life. 
Finally worn. This was after much much, much dancing to show off for her grandparents!
Saturday morning was COLD. This was our first winter beach trip and it was chilly willy! 
Per the usual, it took Lu all of 3 seconds to decide she'd rather be cold and wet than not be in her beloved ocean. She'll end up seaside one day. No question about it. 



{click}

Gorgeous. This place heals. 


Sand angels :)
This. Just this. {click}


I think I know what the feeling is now. After blogging about it. My folks gave me a rich life. I have such a huge stockpile of memories of the times I knew without a shadow of a doubt that my mom would do ANYTHING for me. And we traveled a LOT. We saw and experienced so many cool things. My parents did a great job of keeping us as grounded as possible but there were plenty of life events that I lived with stars in my eyes because they were big and exciting. Broadway. Snowsking. Beach trips. Fancy food with Dad.

I know what it is now.... London has stepped into my shoes and her amazing grandparents are giving her 'stars in her eyes' moments. I know enough now to realize the importance of these times and am beyond thankful to have evidence of the JOY they are bringing to her life. We are so in love with you, momma and dad.

More to come! I loaded pictures per event so I'll get the others up asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment