These two tiny people have officially run 2 more marathons than me! So be it. I hope I never do one! Two Saturday's ago, London and I jumped in the car to cheer on our favorite twins at the Mercedes Marathon! They run a mile every day at recess, then show up to the 'big event' to run their last mile and they get official marathon medals! I absolutely love this idea. How cool will it be to one day have a pile of marathon medals?
I know this isn't a precious pic of him but I love his happy eyes and how you can see the freckles on his nose. He's such a cutie to me!
Caden was stiff arming London in the above picture because I wanted a pic of just the three of them, but you know little lady pushed her way in anyway! And, she's eating. Shocker.
London and I strong armed our way to 'sight distance' at the finish line. You guys. A wall of proud parents might be harder to push through than the Great Wall of China. Those jokers were. not. budging. I couldn't see a thing so I stuck London on my shoulders and told her to scream like crazy when she saw either kid! We saw Caden run through first but I couldn't get a picture because we barely saw him fly by! I did catch Lizzy though! For the record, even though the Proud Wall of Parents was thick, no one was a more obnoxious cheer leader than the me and Lu combo. Whoa. We brought the loud.
I wanted to make sure I had evidence of both kids running so we did fake finish line pictures, which were really fun! Caden giggled the whole time... another shocker.
London veered way off course for some reason (She had 1/8th of a block to run and somehow managed to take a trail run in that distance.) Anywho, her 100% awesome cousin was waiting for her at the 'finish line' with a high five! :) He's the best.
This picture right here is why I moved to Birmingham. I didn't want to miss a thing. And I'm not going to. Caden spent the night with us this night and London later told me that she wished he were her brother. We both adore them.
I'm so proud of these chicken nuggets!
Booper and Andaddy drove into town just after the race so we met up for lunch. As luck would have it, the restaurant was painted perfectly to match ALL THE SAPPY FEELINGS I was feeling this day! How fortuitous!
(Be warned, the sappy level only goes up from here... more to come on that.)







No comments:
Post a Comment