Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sweet Lizzy's Dance Recital

Over the weekend,  the two families convened to cheer on and celebrate our gorgeous Lizzy at her 3rd dance recital! Friday night we all got together for dinner.... sans Barry because we are bad schedulers! I love how easily our families fit together. Everyone is so perfectly comfortable around each other and we had the biggest time laughing and swapping stories! The Brett's are the dearest people and an enormous gift to our family. Barry chose well with Lauren. She is a golden nugget, but to top it off, she brought "outlaws" and her sister's family that are amazing folks and have taught us so much about faith, family, commitment, and encouragement. Glory be, we have struck gold. 

Mom bought Lizzy this cute work out shirt instead of flowers. It says, "If this was easy, more boys would do it." :)
Ha! Right on!!
I tried to sneak a pic of the cheering section and got busted by the dude! I liked this picture! 
Here's Lizzy's first performance. She is on the front row, far left. It's a bit far away so I'm sorry if it's hard to see! This is a video so click over to the blog to see it! 
Front row, far left



I think she's on the back row on this one but I can't remember!
Here she is getting her trophy for 3 years of dance!
I just liked the silhouettes of the older girls dancing...

This is her 2nd dance, the ballet. Again, click on over to watch! She is front row, far right in this one but they move around a lot so keep your eyes peeled!

Feet in perfect position! (far right)
She's on the 2nd row and is the little pea in the second column of girls.





Up close to see her sweet make up! :)

Proud parents!
Lizzy is an incredibly hard worker and tremendously determined. Minus a few side glances to make sure she was doing the correct move, she was perfection, per the usual. I can't wait to watch her grow into her dancing practice. She is fantastic, and that's not just the aunt in me talking. She has talent and the drive to work hard to improve. I can't wait to watch her as a teenager dancing the complex, awesome dances that the 'big girls' dance! 

I also can't wait for many more pictures just like this. Barry taught me to show up for family. Not by telling me to, but because that's what he always did for me. His dedication to always being there for me, no matter what, has taught me enormous lessons that I needed to learn. Lizzy will grow up knowing there is a whole community of family that she can turn to if she ever needs anything. It's absolutely awesome holding hands with these people and knowing were all in this for the same purpose, to be a constant, encouraging, wall of support for these kiddo's so that when they need love, or help, or an ear to listen, they won't have to look far. We'll be right here, always showing up for them. Thanks for teaching me that, brother. What an honor it is to be such a big part of your amazing family. 





No comments:

Post a Comment