(Easter post that was saved as a draft and just finished up! I've never been good at being on time. Why start now?!)
My pictures are a bit scattered because they were pulled from two different cameras. If I had extra time, I'd rearrange them into good order, but the program for getting posts up is not easy on quick simple tasks like rearranging photos (ehhhem, blogger.)
On a more grateful note, our Easter consisted of spending most of our time in fields full of wild flowers. Just absolutely beautiful.
Dad has re-roofed the barn now. It looks very nice, but I miss this old barn roof. It had been patched so many times. In the end, it probably had 15 different colored patches on it and was truly beautiful. I liked the old barn roof because metaphorically it reminded me that life doesn't have to be shiny and perfect to be beautiful. The patchwork of doing the best you can turns out beautifully as well! There's something, full of character, being pieced together that is equally as gorgeous! Maybe that's a stretch of a message to get from a barn roof, but who am I to be picky about the origins of my life lessons! :)
The wisteria was in bloom during Easter... and shortly thereafter, honeysuckle. London and I spent many hours sniffing the air and deciding that heaven MUST smell like wisteria and honeysuckle! Glorious!
Picking flowers in paradise. I love it here.
Mom and Dad's neighbor, and friend's of ours, came over to die easter eggs with us! This is Ethan. He usually doesn't talk to me much but we went swimming at their house a few weekends ago and he talked my head off! I was so thrilled about it! He is such a sweet, kind boy so I'm glad we're friends now! :)
Barry's family came over Sunday morning for church and lunch. What a beautiful clan!
My heart swells looking at this picture. I love all of them so very much!
Pretty...
Goofy...
Silly.
Egg hunting later in the day. He found the golden egg!
And he found all of my favorite eggs!
Archie asleep. He's not the least bit reserved about getting TOTALLY comfortable when it's time for a snooze!
Easter basket goodies!
I love the Boopster!
Filling the plastic eggs with her candy so that when the cousins came home, they would have candy in their eggs! Her idea and I was proud of her for sharing all of her goodies!
Playing hot and cold while hunting eggs. can you see it on the window seal? She could NOT find it! Bless. :)
Tux= not a fan of easter.
Here's a quick video of my dad saying the prayer at church. My phone ran out of memory half way through (ARRRRRGGGGGG!!!). I doubt my dad will ever know how impactful it is to his children to watch him live out his faith in such public ways. I'm so proud of my Dad. He's always taught us to be brave and smart. Seeing him act out exactly what he's always taught us feels powerful. Like he is writing an image of himself into our history.
More post church egg finding and out of order pictures!
I've mentioned before that I love watching my mom's imagination run wild for her grandkids. I know for London, she has been inspired to let the woods come to life because my mom has taught her that they ARE alive! Every time we go riding, London is looking for new worlds and new personalities that create a cool story. Here is the biting tree... The textured tree looks like he's biting the one growing through it. We have a kissing tree also and Booper found a new find for us this trip....
The slug tree!
He looks just like a slug, right?! Well done, Booper! You're teaching us all to be young again!
Three of my favorite folks taming the wild slug!
"Home is where the sky is wide and the laugher is loud.
Where mothers nurture with food and hearts are ever so sure of each other."
Exactly. Sure hearts... in full bloom.





No comments:
Post a Comment