Momma rest is hard to come by. The opportunity presents itself frequently, but the variables involved don't often allow you to shed all concern and let yourself restore. When the kiddo is with a friend, you're certain that everything is fine but your mind stays in motion wondering if she is behaving and being a sweet girl. When she's with her dad, I know she's happy but I always miss her footsteps and snuggles so badly. But when she's with me, and we are with my momma, I don't have a care in the world and I'm able to get into a catatonic state of relaxation.
Momma's are just the very best.
A few weekends ago, we got an invitation to join Mom and Dad at the beach and we jumped on it. And long story short, it was exactly what we needed.
A very happy Boopster.
"The most powerful way to teach a daughter how to enjoy life is to let her see her mother do the same." -Meg Meeker
Treasure hunts and walks on the beach.
A very happy Londie Lu Lu Lane
Adding a halo to her sand angel
An unidentified washed up fish. Any guesses?
This is as far as Dad made it to the beach but he and Archie came to the balcony to wave their hellos to us!
Catatonic Rest.
Beach Babe Soul Sisters!
London took this picture and I think it turned out great! My goodness, I love my sweet momma. She knows how to fill my tank the best. I know I'll look back and be forever grateful for these cherished memories of walking the beach, holding her hand, and chatting the days away.
Putting these same memories in place for the smallest one as well! :)
Surfer Dude
Every proud and happy feeling you can feel. I love the spirit in her! She is endlessly fun!
When mom is on hardcore rest mode, you bury yo' self at the beach!
I saw the sky changing colors one afternoon so Lu and I walked down to the beach to see if we could see the sun set. It was so beautiful. Then it got MORE beautiful. Then it got even MORE BEAUTIFULER!! :)
It was like God heard us ohh and ahh over how glorious it was and he kept turning the volume knob up to show us what he could make! We were both screaming 'MOM, LOOK!' and 'BABY, LOOK!!'
Just about nothing does my soul more good than watching a sunset. It thrills me and leaves me all tingly and excited afterwards!
Dad wanted to take us all to eat beignets before we headed home on Sunday. London has never had them before so it was fun to laugh at people accidentally shooting powder sugar everywhere!
It was a fabulous weekend. I love winter beach. I love my parents. I love the beach and the God who created it all. What a beautiful thing to stand before the waves and the sky that reach as far as the eye can see and know your own smallness. What a satisfying feeling to be humbled before his beauty and know that not a detail is ever missed. In beauty and gentleness, He's seen to all of it.
Thank you for this well spent life, mom and dad.



































No comments:
Post a Comment