Powers and I spent this weekend being small group leaders for Accelerate, which is our church's version of disciple now. I apologize for not having any pictures from Powers's group, but he forgot his camera and we weren't together enough to get pics for him. Plus, he had 12th grade boys... im not sure how fired up they'd be about forced group shots for the family blog...
Anywho, I had 6th grade girls (who were extra excited about the photo ops!) and we had an amazing time! Charley was in my group and it was awesome getting to spend a whole weekend talking about the stuff that really matters with her. She is decidedly more calm and mature than the rest of her group, but that didn't matter! We all acted silly and had a great time hanging out!
We did however pull out a VICTORY in the annual dodgeball competition!!! We got 3rd place in the girls division but won the whole shebang in the co-ed division! I have never heard squeals so loud and ear drum busting in my life! Thank goodness we were prepared with a whole repertoire of cheers and chants to rub in everyone's face!
My fellow small group leader and new best of best friend, Beth Hamby!
Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!?!?!
It was scary and eye opening for me to hear the issues that were discussed at the convention we all attended. Thank goodness, most of the subjects were far from being issues with the 6th grade girls, but we are absolutely in a time where teaching our kids how to search after God is vital. The norms of their little world are so much more frightening than our world as teenagers. Please pray for their innocence and wisdom to know which paths to take in life.
I know that sounds serious, but I just spent 3 days with 7 girls searching for God with everything they have in them! It was awesome but reinforcement from every side is essential to keep them grounded. I love them all so much now and cant wait for next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment