Thursday, August 5, 2010

updates on our life

hey guys! sorry its been so long since I've blogged! a few updates- my car was broken into last week and i have been busy juggling everything that goes along with that. Unfortunately they took my purse, computer, etc etc etc. I know, not smart of me at all to leave my things in my car, but I've now learned a super expensive lesson. boo.

what were up to these days:
Barry's family just got back from a week long beach trip! If i can get pictures from their trip, ill post them for you guys! I saw a few precious pictures of the twins in pirate hats!
Charley just joined a softball travel league and rumor is they're good... really good! I cant wait to watch her in action again. Plus, she gets prettier by the day... its unbelievable to watch! She is turning into a gorgeous, smart, wonderful woman... no matter how many books we put on her head to stop the growing up! I love her so much!
Serenity has gone back to Jackson for the school year. Boo. We loved having her live with us this summer! She was, like always,just a doll and she lights up our life! She and our neighbors daughter were best friends all summer and I'm so thankful she had a playmate for the summer! I know we were super boring for her but she was a great sport! I miss her to death!
Londie Lu just gets more precious by the day! She has gotten so much personality...which makes being a working momma way hard. I'm looking for ways to cut back so we can spend more time with her! 1 and a half hours every night is just not cutting it. I need more of her in a big way! We started her on cereal...it took a day or two but then she took to food like a fish in water. Girlfriend LOVES to eat! Her first meal was when Powers's parents were here and she had sweet potatoes everywhere! It was so much fun! She is now eating as much as we will give her! Big girl! We'll go back to the doctor for her 6 month checkup next month, so Ill share her stats then! She is tall and lean... minus her short, chunky, completely adorable legs! Shes sleeping great now (woo hoo!) but I'm fiercely protective of her getting good, quality sleep! I don't want any sleep regression in our house!
Allie is good except that she apparently sleeps WAY too soundly and cant hear robbers outside of the house! Now that London is a little more self sufficient, Allie is getting more attention and she LOVES it! She's a scoundrel!

Non B'ham news: Papa was put on some medicine that temporarily devastated him mentally, but he has been taken off that particular medicine and is doing better every day. Praise the Lord!!! He looks great and from Mom's reports, he is getting stronger and more clear minded daily! So thankful for his improvements.. for he and for mom. She was put through the ringer with needing to be with him all of the time. She has been so patient and loving and I'm glad she is getting a little more time to do the things that she needs to do for she and dad. She stays so busy, poor thing! She's such an optimist though, so there is always a sunny side!

Our big exciting news?!?!? MAMY'S ENGAGED!!!! I don't know the story yet, so ill have to get an update with pictures! Ryan (you can see his pictures from the bday party post) is such a nice guy and we are all celebrating with them! Congratulations you two love birds! We couldn't be happier for you! (You are getting a pearl of a girl, Ryan!!) Here's hoping they decide to move to Birmingham!! :)

I guess that's all for now! As soon as I can get myself back up and running I'll post all kinds of pictures for everyone to see! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment