Monday, June 25, 2012

Life in Pictures

I have been meaning to put some real thought and time into the blog over the past few weeks, but I wake up on Monday, blink my eyes, and it's already Sunday night each week. Wow. So, in the effort to be timely, I'm just gonna throw bits and pieces of life out there for you! In no particular order, just life in pictures... and memories that pop to mind in the next 10 minutes while I write this! :)

Over heards:
I mentioned a few weeks ago that we have our first imaginary friend. Walrus, the lion. A second character has hit the scene tho. Hammy Ham. According to London, Walrus the lion lives in the back seat of the car. Hammy Ham goes with us everywhere and is normally spoken to in a very sing-songy manner. Hammy Ham and Walrus are friends, they just only see each other when we're all in the car together. So, there's that.

Caden is very into all things trucking/logging (just like his sweet G-Daddy!). He calls bulldozers, pulldozers. Adorable. After spending a few here and there visits with the Rhea's, I am 100% convinced that Caden is the sweetest child on the planet. Man. He is adorable and so unbelievably sweet.

A dear friend gave me a CD of worship songs for kids. We listen to it every day and one day London was just a singing one of the songs in the back seat. The line of the song says, 'Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock Eternal.'

I turned around to really listen to what London was singing and she sings, clear as a bell, 'for the Lord, the Lord is the Rocky Turtle.' :) It's her current favorite song.

Another song that we're into is 'Rain Rain Go Away.' Which, according to London, the lyrics are: 
"Rain rain, go away, 
Happy happy Mother's Day!'

You guys all know Knox well by now. His darling mother offered to pick London up from daycare early a bunch this summer to help us save money. Please look at the excitement on Knox's face on day 1 of all afternoon play date. This kid is to die for!
 It works out pretty well for London too, because Knox's house is AWESOME. 

 We decided to temporary die Renny's hair! Here she is going red! It only lasted about a week, but she had fun playing with a fun, new hair color!


 I posted this picture a few weeks ago. Trying to non-socially awkward kiss my baby. We got it right on the third try! Win.
 This photo isn't edited at all. We had a storm roll through town one afternoon and this was the storm cloud. Is that not the scariest, most ominous cloud you've ever seen? We ended up with some really heavy wind, but no damage. Praise the Lord.
 If you're in Birmingham, bring your wallet and stop at Pinkberry frozen yogurt at the Summit. One of the best things I've ever tasted. So good, you need to take every thing you know about frozen yogurt and toss it out the window. This is no comparison. So very good.

 I love her sweet little pony tail!
 Barry's family took a rafting trip a few weeks ago! I don't know all the details except that they had an absolute blast! Lizzy was a little frightened at first, but overall they had a ball!

 Renny is the best at entertaining herself... case in point. 
 Most beautiful little twinkies I've ever seen!!



No comments:

Post a Comment