First off. Can we talk about the Olympics? And how awesome they are? And who is to blame for my massive case of sleep depravation because I can NOT turn it off? This week is totally unfair. Girls gymnastics and swimming all in the same week? How am I supposed to turn it off? It's physically impossible! Also, let's talk about Michael Phelps. The greatest olympian in history. His story is unbelievable to me. Plus, I just love him. He used to be so serious, but every interview at these games has been about how much fun the Olympics are and how he is here to enjoy himself. He has been so gracious and complimentary of his team mates for helping him achieve this new title. I love him. They said last night that he's competed in 21 olympic events. He's medaled in 19 of them (so far). 15 of 19 have been gold medals!! UNBELIEVABLE. Did you see the awesome montage they played where they flashed the final few seconds of every medal he's won? It was like 4 MINUTES long! I'm so proud for him!! What an inspiration! I so vividly remember sitting in the floor of my parents room glued to the TV watching Dara Torres dominate the olympics when I was a kid. The olympics are so inspirational for everyone, but I remember thinking 'I could do that!! I could go to the olympics!!' when I was a little pee wee. (Which, of course the hard work factor came into play and I straight up quit a few years later! Winner!!) Anyway, I just get giddy thinking about all the little boys and girls who are starry eyed watching Phelps on tv.... dreaming about their futures being the next greatest athlete alive. Very, very cool. I am so excited for Phelps. He deserves it!! USA USA USA!!! (however, the lady who is in charge of interviewing the swimmers??? SHE'S THE WORST. She is so demeaning and negative and awful. She needs to be pushed in the pool. What is NBC thinking???)
Now, off my soapbox and on to real life!! :) Here are our pictures from the last few weeks! And a few charley sent me from earlier in the year that I don't think have ever made the blog. Charley pictures? Yes please!
I LOVE painting fingernails and toenails with my sweet baby girl and her chubby little hands!
There is a great, local ice cream shop down the street from our house. The ice cream is awesome and the owner is so so nice. He takes pictures of his patrons and puts them on the walls. My two sweet girls made the wallpaper!
Various darling pictures from Charley Bug..
She is so so so beautiful!
Im so partial, but this kid is beautiful!
London and I ate lunch at the Botanical Gardens the other day and had such a good time! Here were our lunch dates! They are not scared of people at all and will walk right up to you! London was thrilled about it until one tried to take her Dorito!
Beautiful. Slap dab in the middle of the city.
We fed the fish, turtles, and geese. I tried to get a shot of the fish but the glare is too bad in every one. You can kind of see them at the top but they are carp and are about 4 feet long! They are enormous!! London love trying to feed the tiny baby turtles, but they were too slow and never got a bite :(
London's current favorite book is a Dr. Seuss book of tongue twisters. I finally have the hang of it, but the first 5 times I read it, I was worn OUT from my brain working so hard to speak these tied up words!
Washing her ride...
Look how beautiful charley is. Oh my word. She's gorgeous!!
London at a restaurant, waiting on her food, displaying her candy sugar overload!! She's so funny!!!
Banking cupcakes for her best friend Knox! They were wonderful! Baby did a great job!
I'm not sure of the whole story behind this, but Barry went to pick up Lauren and the kids in Florida last week and they saw an ad advertising a companies pink cow. They stopped to check it out and this guy was snoozing in the yard! So bizarre looking!







No comments:
Post a Comment