School was closed again today and it ended up just being a rather cold, rainy day. We actually did great today though! London watched a few minutes of TV this morning, then moseyed off and played with her toys for a few HOURS! I got a ton knocked out! Then, when that wore off, we packed lunch and headed to the library... always a kid favorite. We stayed for a long time because the library does all of this fun stuff during the day. London did crafts, made new friends, played with puppets, ipad'ed it for a while, then we sat down and read together for a long while.... which made my heart so warm and happy! Snuggled in a corner reading silly books with my best girl all tucked in my side. I was soaking in every second. Bonus is the free wifi, so while she was playing, happy as a lark, I was still semi-productive!! It turned out to be a great day for both of us!
I snuck in a little Chronicles of Narnia during my lunch break. I could get used to this scene. Reading a real book, wearing fabulous, stretchy yoga pants and tennis shoes. YES PLEASE.
Then London decided to go all brainiac on us.... pencil in ear and everything!
(My favorite!)
We came home with a few movies.. one of which was a claymation cartoon (from the guys who made Shaun the Sheep) about a group of chickens trying to bust out of the coop so they could avoid getting sent to the 'chicken factory'. London was horrified, screamed 'But Mom, I LOVE CHICKENS!!' at the end of the movie, then she immediately declared that she was not eating chicken any more and that I need to go throw all of ours away. This conversation has been going all day and now includes this... 'I will not ever kill or eat deer or chicken. Call Unc (Barry) and tell him, Mom.'
One day at the library learning and I've got a full blown activist on my hands! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment