Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Queen of Donut Castle Land

A few weekends ago we celebrated my sweet, darling girls 4th birthday with a donut themed party! We had a fun morning watching Caden and Elizabeth run in race to finish their last mile of the Mercedes Marathon, then we rushed to the opposite side of town for our donut decorating party. Turns out, the family that owns this shop goes to our church. Their son is kind of like the MC of all the birthday parties. He is currently in college to be a children's minister, so he was perfectly fun and loving with the kids! 

We came to the party a bit early and there was this cute group of college kids there hanging out. London was being very friendly with them and as we unwrapped all the party goodies, she made sure to go give her new friends some goodies too! It was so cute watching her 'take care of them'! 

The party was loosely 'prince and princess' themed... which meant every girl dressed up as a princess and all the boys just came as is! :) I love girls so much! They are ALL ABOUT being a princess!
There was MUCH donut icing...
And some sugar drunk faces that grew more frequent as the party went on... :)
There was the beauty of NO CONCERN WHATSOEVER about stuffing 10 donuts in your face! (Oh to be young!)

                 
And the most handsome fella in all the land dotingly by her side all day! Goodness sake, I love this boy. 
Charley was the most patient temporary tattoo artist ever. God bless her heart for bearing the job of listening to 10 kids scream 'but IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII wanted that oneeeeeeeeeeee.'

There was a fun game of kid charades..


The volunteers were plentiful.....
And they had the greatest time ever!!
There was a little sister in attendance that was SO CUTE, I'm surprised her momma made it home with her! She had us all wrapped around her little icing covered finger and could've easily snuck home with any one of us!


Then, there was cake. Donut cake. Stacked 24 donuts tall and surrounded by a sea of donut holes. You can't even imagine the sugar high that was about to storm in like a hurricane of energy. 
Happy Birthday to you, Darling!
{Video}


She opened fabulous gifts! She got some really fun toys and these past few weeks have been a blast playing with everything together! 
Gorgeous cousins who embrace the princess life with the same enthusiasm as we do are the best kind of cousin! 
There's another of our favorite cousins that is much less interested in princess nonsense. 


We had such a fun time at the party and I was so glad to get to spend some time with the girls in London's class (and knox, lucas, and the 3 cousins, but that's an unspoken at this point!) They were sweet girls with equally as lovely moms! I'm a big cheerleader for ladies.. i love some lady friends so it was great to get to know them better!

The day ended with the family back at our house... parents laid on couches in partial sugar comas and London and the twins running around burning off their recently ingested energy reserve. Then, like an accidental genius, I asked Lauren to taste some wine that I couldn't tell if I liked. She said she would if I had a glass with her... a few bottles of wine later, we had thrown together a delicious dinner and kicked it lazy style for a few hours of fabulous family quality time. Man. I love my brother and his woman. They are so much fun to be around!

At one point, I stood up and caught a reflection in my bedroom window that I don't think I'll ever forget. The girls were sitting on my bed gabbing away while Lizzy braided London's hair. It was the most precious thing in the whole world to me. I couldn't be any more thankful for us all growing up together. There's just nothing like family and I'm eternally grateful both London and I know, no matter what, our family is there... all in... always.











No comments:

Post a Comment