My BFF is a teacher. I love every single thing about her EXCEPT that in the summers, she's not there to play with me everyday after school because she is 'off' for the summer. (I use the term off loosely- better defined as now working two full time jobs due to the requirements her school still expects her to accomplish while raising/entertaining two kids at home. She is in NO WAY 'off', bless it. God bless every teacher. I have such an enormous place in my heart for how hard you all work!)
Anyway, I am 100% okay with sending London to school during the year. I enjoy work, she LOVES school, and she is learning so much I can't even believe it! However, when the crowd dissipates and there are only a handful of kids left in each class during the summer break, I always feel a little guilty. I had a real deal 'summer break' every single summer. Mom was home with us and we had three months of full blown fun. London? Same ole song and dance everyday during the summer. In the past, school has been a bit boring but last year, London's school hired a new director. To say we adore him is an understatement. He is fabulous. This summer has been crazy fun for the kids and London has been PUMPED to go each week! Here are some pictures from their fun activities over the past few weeks.
I can't describe how these pictures turn my heart. Proof that she loves where she is and that she's being cared for in a mighty way. It's also terribly reassuring that I'm still doing an okay job giving London a good life. I'm so very thankful God planted us at this school with these amazing people!
Popsicle break
Parachute fun at field day
Summer School
This isn't a school picture- It's one from Mrs. Banana's that I've had saved on my desktop for weeks! Lightrails with Knox, Lucas, and London! Isn't this too sweet?!








No comments:
Post a Comment