Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Rhea's new year in Columbus!

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the downright disappearance of the blog. One of my New Year's resolutions was to blog twice as much as I did this year! As long as you're okay with phone posts, which may not be as well thought out or edited for aesthetics, I think I can do it! Life has been outright insane. Perspective, I'm writing this at 3 am because I woke up two hours ago and can't put my brain back to sleep. Grrr. 

Nothing is wrong, so not to worry! It's all good stuff! My house sold!!!!!!!!!
GLORYHALLELUJAHPRAISETHELORD!!! The house has been for sale for a year and a half. Holy cow. That's a lot of making the beds everyday! :) I will write a full post about this soon because it's been the way God has drawn near to me over this past year. It's an important story to tell- even if it's just to remind myself (and my expectations) that God is often found in waiting. He taught me to be patient... A discipline that I've never had much success with, and He taught me in the most gentle way possible. His way is perfect and I stand firm on that foundation. 

The house: Everything was moving along peachy, we were going to rent an apartment for a few months then move into Barry's rental house this summer..... About 4 days ago, Barry's current renters told him they were planning to stay for another year and a half! Our original plan was to move into a cheap, tiny (miniscule) apartment so we scratched that because that would never work for the next few years! So, we have spent this week frantically looking for new options. I am hopeful I found our new place yesterday because we move out this Friday.  I'm 'sleeping on it' (clearly) to find peace about my decision. All of this has been in the middle of our year end at a financial firm, which makes the timing a bit inconvenient! Work has been so busy (read: praise the Lord for success and amazing, understanding bosses), that I've felt like I've been totally steamrolled flat by the end of every afternoon! I have absolutely no brain capacity left! 

So-- life has been a blessing filled doosy this month! But, here's to blogging more! (I can't post this without the biggest of shout outs to my amazingly parents (who are blessings heaped on top of blessings), my extraordinarily kind brother and sister, and my extravagantly loving best friends, Jill and Kurt. My clan of family is second to none. I could never, ever make it through life without you.) 

A few quick pictures of the Rhea's! They were in Columbus this week and mom and dad have been sending over snapshots of their lazy days! I'll say it... I'm completely jealous of these pictures! It's rained incessantly here and everyone is OVER IT. I'd love to be waiting out this weather, curled up with a book, in the comfort of mom and dad's house! LUCKIES!! (But they sure are cute as punkin pie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment