Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's the drop dead date for New Year's Resolutions?

Well, my New Year's resolution was to blog more. I have lots of excuses (i.e. no internet until this week!) but really, I just pass out as soon as I hit the sheets! (#1) This ties into thought #2. 

#2. To add insult to injury, I'm on sabbatical from Instagram. So, I promise to blog and I don't. Then I pull off Instagram entirely. You probably think I'm a miserable, no-fun person. I get it. I do. 

Silver lining (for me) is that I am in such a happy place! We are in our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting with our church. It's my very favorite church event. Every morning at 6 am they have corporate prayer services at every campus (and online for those of us who can't make it in person). You have to get up and going bright and early to make it (see exhaustion issue in item 1) but there is nothing like spending these early mornings with God. The church stats coming back to us are truly unbelievable. My best friend has been going in person and had to sit in the floor on the second day because there wasn't an available seat..... at 6 am.... in an auditorium that seats over 800 people. And we're just one of many campuses in our city. It's a wild and marvelous thing to watch. I'm so thankful to be a part of whatever God has planned for this church! 

Anyway.... I'm taking a break from Instagram during this time. Which is not hard at all so it's not much of a fast. It's more about being present with Londie Lu Lu. All of the house selling/moving/crazy work business has not been low on stress.  London has been an amazing sport during all of this. I've drug her poor self all over kingdom come and spent hours on the phone working out all of the details. She has gotten way too many 'just a minute' fingers and 'I can't right now' answers. So, I needed to put the phone down and move into our new home with full excitement for our family! 

So, here is a quick look at our past week! Our children's pastor was praying a ridiculously powerful prayer over the children we are raising. An early riser padded into the bathroom and I told her we were praying over her life. She stood right up next to me and bowed her head to pray with us. Between the encouraging words and a prayerful little girl, I was a puddle. 

The only input London had over our new house was that she wanted sidewalks. We have a sidewalk that leads straight to a park.... and if you hang a left at the intersection, we're a mere 2 biking minutes  from Knox and Lucas' house! It is amazing. We love love love living so close to our people! Also, it's been great practice for learning to ride the new bike Santa brought her!
(Video- click on the link to the actual blog to see the videos!)
It can't hurt that 2 minutes in the other direction is Krispy Kreme right? 

We had two gymnastics birthday parties this Saturday! She was WORN by the end of the day! (Thank you friends!) She is also interested in gymnastics lessons now so maybe you'll be seeing more of these! I wish I had the new camera that Dad gave me for Christmas because it's specifically an action shot camera! This would've been the perfect time to practice! Still, iPhone pics get the job done!


The foam pit was a major highlight!

They had a zip line also. The teacher asked the kids in front of her if they wanted to go slow, kind of fast, or super fast. They all said slow. London? Super fast. Prayers appreciated over my momma heart!
(Video)
Trampoline fun! That monster sound in the middle? That's me! Gross! ;) Hearing your own voice is the worst! Then slow mo'ing your annoying voice... double horrible!
(Video)

Monday at the park with our BFF's. They are admiring the baby bird egg that they found on the ground (read: small rock). 


Trying to recreate my favorite picture of London on the yellow bench. These kids are the cutest!


No comments:

Post a Comment