Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Zoo Trip

**I wrote this post a month ago but forgot that I saved it in my drafts! I'm still thinking a lot about motherhood and want every momma out there to know that I simply adore you. We are an incredible group of strong, selfless, fighters-for-the-small-people and I love you so much. 

**Also, I'm posting so much because we think my precious momma has the flu and I want to cheer her up! Prayers for the Boopster, please and thank you!

I've been thinking a lot about motherhood this week. I caught up with a friend that I haven't visited with in far too long. We ended up at the zoo on a Friday mid-afternoon. It. was. incredible. All other kids were still in school so we had the place to ourselves. It was a ghost town. The kids ran and played and were perfectly fine. We chatted NON STOP for a good two hours. 

Our lives look a lot different. She stays home with her 4 kids and home-schools the 3 oldest. She works in her 'spare time' for our church. (Spare time. What a laughable phrase! :) ) She is an incredibly refreshing friend to me because her conversation isn't gussied up in anyway. She speaks of life frankly. She talks about the challenges just as easily as she talks about the victories. There's never an air of 'having it all together' and for that, I adore her. Her kids are amazing. They are the most well behaved clan of folks I've ever seen. She is gorgeous and seriously has it going on. If I were her, I would be tempted to be like, 'look how beautiful and amazing we all are!'... but she wouldn't act that way in a million years. She's legit and I love her. 

**At this point, I deleted the over worded post of what I see in the lives of momma's around me. Let's just say that I think being a momma is joyfully hard as hell. I have such a heart to encourage women and it's hard for me when sometimes it seems like we're making this big hard thing that we're doing harder for each other. Then I read THIS post and mentally highlighted every word. So, I'll let Glennon speak (in her infinite wisdom) and I'll get on with the pictures! 

Inadvertent monkey faces while watching the monkeys :)




More of THIS GUY PLEASE!! Isn't he so cute!







"No pictures.. not now." :)
He looked like he was practicing a belly flop but sitting still! 
This was so hilarious. London really wanted to follow along with where we were walking on the zoo map. I looked up and look what was walking down the sidewalk! London wasn't paying a lick of attention and I was scared to scream because I didn't want it to run off!  Lu was ON IT when I pointed her out and decided they would be co-navigators, so off we went! 

Nancy Navigators :)






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every word of this! But Nancy Navigators - that is the stuff. I"m stealing it.

    ReplyDelete