I loaded this the day after my "Heart Words" post. I didn't get any feedback on that post and I immediately had anxiety that I should've been more guarded with my feelings. I wanted to post something quickly that would cover up the previous one but I knew it was healthy to write, even if it was ultimately only as therapy for me. I read a quote recently that felt like words I want to hold on to...
"Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren't always comfortable, but they're never weakness." Brene Brown
So "Heart Words" will stay up and readable... because one day I'll be glad to remember the truth of this season and the courage it takes to walk through this life. (Also, thank you, precious Jill Franklin for texting me encouragement right when I was second guessing myself! :) )
..............
To confuse you completely on the timing of events in our life, I am throwing this post in the mix... right in between Lizzy's dance recital write ups!
Booper's beach is booked for the summer. Which I am happy that so many families will be able to enjoy some relaxation, but it means we're limited on time there. About a month ago we had a weekend with no plans and after watching the weather for a few weeks, decided it was worth the drive down to bask in the perfectly sunny, 80 degree forecast for two days.
The drive was beautiful. I wasn't paying attention (anyone who knows me just said 'of course' under their breath), missed our turn, and had to re-route to get us back on course. The sidetrack took us on this spectacularly beautiful drive and I was overwhelmed with the loveliness of it all. (My feelings are way too big.) We stopped for snacks and decided to write Dad a love note in gummy letters for the lifetime of hard work that he put in in order to provide our family this wonderful place of rest.
We made it down in time for the sunset... and for London to run head first into the ocean while fully clothed. This place is so special for her!

The next two days were filled with sun up, sun down play. Praise the Lord.


Beach hole. The most worth it of all the beach investments.



"Digger" pets


The sunset on the second night was like a painting. The water was extremely calm and the angle of the sun made the top of it silver. It reflected the sunset like a mirror and it almost looked fake. It was such a beautiful night. (Pictures never do a sunset justice.)


She got 'don't get wet' instructions this night but whoops.... soaked to the bone again!

Killing me. My heart.

Fishing with a new friend.


The big catch!

The helper of the beach hole project!

My favorite view.... her floating bum. Just the best.


We came home pink nosed and happy. I am so very thankful for this girl and time at our favorite place to be together. As always, a million thanks, Mom and Dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment