Mom and Dad just recently took a medical convention trip to Chicago (the same weekend we surprised dad with allie). They had a fabulous time… they ate great (I’m a budding poet!), did a little shopping, and saw some rather interesting sights!
Here are mom and dad with Sue, the T-Rex at the Field Museum. This is impressive! I forget how big and totally terrifying dinosaurs were! Sue is one scary looking creature! Cute pic of the parents though!
They were in Chicago the same weekend as the Stanley Cup finals, where Chicago’s team took the title. I know nothing of hockey, but mom and dad said the fans were outrageous! On the night of the finals there were miles of fans packing Michigan Ave to celebrate. They went to a restaurant where the team came to eat the night after (i believe). They tried to bribe their waiter to sneak in and get a picture for them but were unsuccessful! :) (Definition of bribe for my folks- asking nicely!)
I believe the most memorable moment, scarred into my mom’s memory forever, was leaving the restaurant they witnessed an all nude bike ride- riders protesting some issue dealing with oil… but whatever the cause, a large group of cyclists wearing nothing but their birthday suits and an occasional boa, decided to ride the streets sending the world a very naked message! Nothing like naked people in the streets to shock a sweet family from Mississippi! (Sorry, this is a family blog, so no pictures!)
We’re glad you guys had such a memorable trip! I love yall!
No comments:
Post a Comment