Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer

I leave every summer with the fondest memories.. always thinking 'this was the best summer ever'! I love growing up. As I get older, my family gets bigger. I love all of these personalities co-existing. We have Powers, the talker, the creative one, the funny one, the entertainer, the cop. Serenity, the kind one, the patient one, the one who's up for anything, the secret performer, the one who makes the house feel complete. London, the dancer, the curious one, the most friendly one, the ever changing one, the stealer of our hearts.

This summer was awesome. My favorite memory is dancing in the rain with my two little girls. We went out to play one day and it started sprinkling. Ren asked if we could turn the car radio on and play in the rain.  We danced, and giggled, and tickled, and gave wedgies, and drank rain water (which is horribly dirty if you get enough in a cup to notice!) I locked that memory in for the long term- 3 soaking wet girls spinning in circles in our drive way. That you, gracious God for that moment. My heart smiles when I remember...

Here are some of our memories. Im sure in no particular order.  I'll try to document what time of summer these are from! I hate to see this time come to an end. We've taken Renny back to Jackson and our house isn't full anymore. There is a permanent place for her here. I just wish there were a permanent body to fill that space. This summer was wonderful! So fun, and messy, and full of joyful noise! Here's to daydreaming of summers to come!





 London's go-to snack of the summer- croutons (???)



 London cutting eyes at her daddy and showing off some of her fav shades! 

 Last weekend with Renny.. back home in Jackson





 This is from this past weekend. Anyone want our dog? She was locked up because she ran away this morning. We went swimming and came home to this. Brand new bean bag in 120 zillion pieces. 
 Memorial Day weekend



 Barry's family and Booper went to the beach last weekend. Here are a few pictures from Mom. She said it was terribly hard taking many pictures while you're chasing 2- 4 year olds around!










 i photo fun! I have these backdrops on my computer and Renny LOVED taking pictures with them all summer!











And the videos...
London has started reading books to herself! LOVE it! Sorry it's a little jerky... she'll stop if she sees the camera so I was trying to hide it!
Untitled from Taylor Lane on Vimeo.


A quick shot of one of my favorite tricks...
Cutie! from Taylor Lane on Vimeo.


London practicing some of her words!
Untitled from Taylor Lane on Vimeo.


Great summer! I loved every second of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment