We've had the stomach virus this week. All of us. London got it Sunday night. Let's just say she ate way too many cashews that afternoon (one of her favorite snacks). They were scattered all over our house. Yesh.
Nothing more sad than a sick baby. However, I slept with her that night and she would wake up in the night, grin at me, and say 'Love you, Mommy'. Love you too, my baby girl.. forever and ever and ever. I stayed home with her Monday to which she was obviously feeling better... she got in trouble for jumping on the bed and not napping!
Fast forward to Tuesday am. I received two texts from my husband that said 'I feel like I'm dying'. His go to line when he gets sick! He's still struggling with getting back on his feet. Poor guy.
Tuesday afternoon. Picked London up from daycare and immediately pulled over to be sick. It hit me all of the sudden out of the blue. When we got home, I turned the tv on for London and told her I was sick and would be back. She meandered into the bathroom to see what was going on and the look on her face was of total confusion! However, every time I would get sick, she would say 'Bless you, Mommy!' and then she'd walk over to the potty, lean over and make barfing noises.
As awful as it was, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen her do! So, ill take a half day tear down to watch my baby be adorable anytime!
Other funny/cute things:
She can sing all of the happy birthday song and it sounds exactly right! She's been singing it a lot lately and I love it!
After we slept in the 'big bed' Sunday, she's decided that's where she wants to sleep. Every night this week after we've read our books, she's hopped off my lap, curled up on the big bed and said 'Nite Nite Mommy.' I asked her a series of questions the other night about if she wanted to sleep in the big bed now, etc etc. She answered yes to all of big bed questions, so I guess we'll start shopping for a toddler bed at some point!
She LOVES our sweet neighbor Mr. Keith (Keif) she cried twice over him the other day. Once because we saw him driving in when we were leaving for school and we couldn't stop to say hello and later that day because after his obligatory 1 hour visit with London, he had to go home... and she was having none of it. :( I don't blame her. He is great!
We walk outside to say hello to the Moon every night. It's her new favorite thing to do.
This age is just darling! I love her so!
No comments:
Post a Comment