Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lane Family Thanksgiving

Fast forward a day to the Lane family thanksgiving! I was still sick, London was as hoarse as could be, Powers was on his way to getting sick, but luckily, we walked in the door and M-I-L said 'we have NO PLANS for the rest of the week!' Cue angels singing from the heavenly gates. So, I continued SLEEP FEST 2011, called Dad in a tearful plea to 'please fix this daddy', he approved some meds that my father in law had on hand and voila! 24 hours later the whole family was back up and running.. but I was still sleeping like a champ because when you've got a legitimate pass to nap 2 times per day, you TAKE IT!!

We had a great time at the in-laws! We slept, ate, slept, shopped, watched a super depressing movie, slept, ate, had girls night and watched a total chick flick (green facials included!), slept, and ate. It was pretty much my favorite schedule ever. 

Renny was adorable and so much fun, as always. I was also so incredibly proud of her! We asked her to make a christmas list a month or so ago and it contained roughly $5,000 worth of gifts. Magically, one month later, I asked her for her list again and it had 6 items on it. SIX!!! And she even said, "I thought about it and I don't need all that stuff". Cue angels singing again. She is literally the best step daughter a mom could ever wish for. She is amazing and I love her so much. I am so proud of her for not getting wrapped up in the materialism that is Christmas these days. She's growing up so fast. 

Funny from the weekend, London sleeps in the guest bedroom in a pack-n-play at the grandparents house.  She is always so easy to put to sleep. She just lays down and goes to sleep. However, in this room, she can reach the door handle, so you get about 10 minutes of door handle wiggling before she gives up and goes to bed! Also, I would check on her every night before I went to bed and noticed that the fan was on in her room. It was always freezing and I would secretly accuse her dad of turning the fan on, since we fight over the temperature at home all the time! THEN, the last night we were there, I had put London to bed about 30 minutes earlier, and was walking from our room into the den. London's door opens, lights on, fan blasting and London said 'Hey Momma!' I stopped dead in my tracks and we all died laughing! Sneaky little thing! 

 Opening Christmas presents from Aunt Melanie's family! Disclaimer, London had JUST stepped out of a hair washing so her hair's a mess! Mel, I got a video of her saying "Thank you, Melanie" but she was so hoarse you can't hear her at all! :(


 You can't see it, but this is 25 minutes into trying to put a diaper on by herself! She's just laying on top of it waiting for it to be on her! So funny! She was committed though!
 Coloring with the christmas tree lights!


 My sweet girls! 
 Renny showing us how flexible she is! Amazing! I wouldn't walk for a week if I did that!






 Looking good in Mr. Potato Head's glasses! 

We had a great vacation. It was just what the doctor ordered! Thank you Nana and Poppi for being such great grandparents/in laws! Ya'll rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment