Thursday, May 31, 2012

Trip for 2

I'm short on words lately, so I'll make up for it by being heavy on pictures. London and I took an extended girls trip to the beach over Memorial Day weekend. Booper was scheduled to come with us, but she was needed at home and couldn't get away. Next time.

God is gracious. I tried to spend a lot of time with Him while we were away, but every time the noise settled, I was fast asleep. I felt a little guilty over it, as my plan was to study, and listen to sermons, and memorize scripture, but my brother insightfully reminded me that sometimes when life is hard and you're trying to put the pieces together, he thinks God just puts us to rest. I think he's exactly right. My heart was there to spend time with Him, but every time I tried, he put me to rest. Praise the Lord.

However, He wasn't quiet. In fact, he was so loud it filled up the whole sky. Every. Single. Day. How can you not want to fall to your knees and BLESS HIS NAME. He created this. Thought this up. Surely thought, 'seeing this will remind my children that my hand is in everything.' Count me reminded.

 Always funny to me that Booper has name rights to everything of my parents.. Booper's house, Booper's beach... always makes me smile!
 London absolutely loved the beach. She called it the ocean swimming pool all week but also said it was 'so beautiful' every morning when we walked out on the balcony. (She then sang Caden and Lizzy a song- different one each morning! :)) One morning we walked down early and the ocean was practically still. I was in the water with my back to the ocean and Lu was in front of me sitting in the sand. Out of no where, a huge wave crashed and totally swamped her, sending her rolling and covered in sand. I was worried that would be the end to the beach as we knew it, but I rescued a dying laughing, salt covered kid. I knew we were going to be ok. 
The rest of the week was spent with her running in and out of the waves, waving to airplanes, soaking the sand with her water pail (3 million mommy trips to the water to fill the pail up), and watching the fish swim in total astonishment. The fish were boys and all very sweet, according to London. I didn't get any water pictures, since I was playing 'catch the baby' the whole time, but I did grab a few cute ones in the sand!  
 Every day at nap time. She is my heart. 
 This was hilarious and so bizarre looking! We bought this silly flower at the grocery store and London must have rolled on top of it during nap one day. I went in to check on her and it was standing STRAIGHT UP in the bed staring at me when I went to check on her! CREEPY!!







 I took this picture for the beauty of it, but shortly after, befriended this woman and her grandkid. Turned out they were THE MOST NEGATIVE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!! It was soooo awkward!
 One of my sweet friends, Leslie, came to the beach with us one day and she brought this tiny little lounge chair. I loved watching London just sit and chill out for a bit! I love the sand on her toes! So cute!

 I have a funny video of her jamming out to 'Red Red Wine' but it's taking forever to load. She's dancing her little heart out here!
 Later that day, we joined Leslie and her fam for the dolphin cruise ride where you are supposed to see tons of dolphins and they will come jump right next to the boat. The boat traffic was really heavy so we only saw 6 or 7 from a distance but London still thought it was really cool! I would do it again, just on a more mellow weekend. The highlight of London's outing was getting the chance to wave and scream 'HEY' to every single boat that passed! She didn't miss a one! So funny!! London also told me before we got on the boat that she only wanted to see the pink dolphins. 


Again, we stopped play time every time a plane passed by. She would wave and wave and wave!! :) I love this kid to death!
 Steady talking....
 New favorite picture!
 She's got it down. Perfect form. 
Some funny things that she said while we were away:
She kept saying that the ocean water was 'tasty'.
Every morning she'd walk around saying 'We go swimming all day and night!' on repeat!
She loved to hold the walk way gate open for whoever was behind us, no matter how long it took them to get in from the beach.
She ran up to me one day screaming, 'There's BOOTY IN MY SAND!!!'
She has a pair of PJ's that have princess crowns on them. She now calls them her Lizzy's hat PJ's! Haha!
Whenever she'd be running from a wave and get caught by it, she'd turn around and scream at the top of her lungs into the ocean, 'THAT'S A BAAAAAAD WAVE!!'
On the way home I gave London something that she was asking for and she responded, 'That's be right.' Nailed it, kid.

I loved my week with her. She was kind, and sweet, and fun, and much, much easier than I expected her to be. I'm so proud of this funny, loving, child that we're raising. She is just a doll!

Then yesterday, this heart-breaker stopped by my office for a visit. Seriously, guys. Have you ever seen a cuter kid? He is so darling!
 Then this gorgeous head and I went for ice cream after work! Umm. My heart is over flowing.




No comments:

Post a Comment