-This Sunday our preacher preached on SLOWING down. On saying 'no' to things. On spending 5 days of work, one day to work for household, then KEEPING THE SABBATH HOLY, for peet's sake! He painted the perfect picture of honoring God's design for spending the day with Him and with family, resting, rejuvenating for the week to come. Everyone I know that has heard the message has just been overwhelmed with how badly we all needed to hear it. This Sunday I took the longest nap ever, then just spent the day loving on and laughing with my silly little lady. We had a blast that day and I some how managed to have time to get all of the necessary house chores done. I know this is awful, but I felt like I just needed someone (Pastor Chris, in this case) to just give me permission to take a day off and veg out. What is wrong with our society these days? Why is everything so on the go and over committed all the time? Here's to hoping I can slow down on Sundays and just enjoy the day as it was designed to be from the beginning of time. The universe doesn't need a new author. Im fine to take the back seat and enjoy this life the way God intended! :)
Now, OFF my soapbox and on to much more darling little things! My little daily heart beats...
Londonisms as of late:
-About a month ago, we passed a shirtless motor cyclist on the interstate. Without skipping a beat London said, 'He needs to go home and put his clothes on.' A week or so later another motor cyclist passed us and London started screaming, 'YAY!!! He's wearing clothes!!!' :)
- Lu's 2.5 years old. There is a lot of loving and having fun at our house but there is a nice chunk of discipline time too. One day, after a much needed spanking, London pulled herself together, walked right up to me and asked, 'Mommy, are you nice?' OUCH. Low blow kid. Low blow.
-She loves to have her hair braided. Her sweet teachers do it for her at school and she loves to show off her sweet hair do's. Two nights ago we were laying in bed and she reached up to play with my hair. She said, 'Mommy. I brave your hair.' Then she worked diligently on her 'brave'. After it was 'done' she sat there, petted it, and whispered in the sweetest voice ever... 'it's just soooooo beautiful!'
-Being lazy the other night, I explained to London that I REALLY needed to wash the dishes but I also REALLY just wanted to wait and do them early in the morning. I put London to bed and went in to work in the kitchen and this booming voice came sailing out of baby's room screaming, 'MOM, YOU JUST DO THE DISHES EARLY IN THE MORNING!!!!' She reminded me at least 8 times before I finally gave in and left the dishes in the sink! YES!!!! Score for London!!
-We are definitely in the stalling bedtime stage. 3 ploys she's been using lately:
'Mommy. It's morning time on TV. It's wake up time not bed time.'
'Let's have some love time.' {lays head on my chest and continues to chat it up. Its so dad gum sweet tho}
Annnnnnnd my very favorite. This kid knows me far too well... 'Mom. Let's talk more.' Winner winner chicken dinner. I give in every single time she shoots that golden arrow!
London and Knox 'loving' on each at school! So cute but I'm betting someone pushed someone else out of the car shortly after this shot was caught....
Barry and Lauren had a date night a few weeks ago and I BEGGED to have the kids spend the night with me. Lauren's too sweet and doesn't want to impose but I LOVE having these snot nosed kids at my house!! Im trying to get them comfortable with just dropping the kids and running as often as possible! Isn't Lizzy so beautiful?
He's kind of the coolest kid ever.
Movie fun. We ended up all sleeping on the bed together... well, London had to sleep on her couch because she couldn't stop talking and had to be separated from the pack! Just in case you were wondering, Caden has a very slight foot twitch and it twitches non-stop. All night long. :/
Out of order.. oh well. My beautiful best friend Katy came home from her 2nd annual family summer adventure in California! Her incredibly smart hubbs is growing a company that is dividing their time between the silicon valley and Bham. We understand the necessity of her time away but MAN is it great to have her home again!! She's just amazing and life is better with her being just a few minutes down the road!
Cousin bath times could power Wrigley Field with the amount of energy output in this half hour.
I can't wait to sabotage Caden's rehearsal dinner with this little jewel. He's a boy so he never pays attention when Im taking pictures. Bahaha! He best start keeping an eye out!! BUSTED!!! :)
Love this one... London and Knox dancing in our kitchen!
My sweet friends and I had lunch with one of our favorite local bloggers. Jamie (far right) is entirely hilarious! I can't read her blog at work because it's a dead giveaway that Im not working! Her stories make you do the doubled over, silent laugh attack. She was just adorable and so witty!! I love knowing a local 'celebrity'! Give her a follow at www.jamiesrabbits.com. Good times are guaranteed!
My sweet savior sending a late afternoon 'i love you note' to our fair city.
Camera phone fun...
London: 'Look mom. An elephant.' ISN'T IT, though? She's a tiny genius!
Sunday morning the Rhea's and Lu Lu and I went to a food truck festival down town and had a wonderful time! The food was ridiculous and the kids had a full blown blast.
Catching some hair air...
They had a band playing and these three all cut a rug in their very own special way. Lizzy: ballerina. London: eyes closed interpretive dancing. Caden: spastic robot. I couldn't love them more.
I love these shots of Lizzy dancing with her brother! So adorable!
Sweet Hannah drove all the way downtown to join us for about 15 minutes. If she says she's coming though, she's acomin'. Love that about her!
Barry and I were able to go on an original Rhea's date night with my folks. It was just the most lovely thing in the whole world. We laughed so much and had such a good time talking about silly things and important things and everything in between. Being with family is just so comfortable and natural. And take a gander at my good looking Daddy SMILING in a picture!!! He's so handsome!! It was such a fun evening!
We are in the most silly of stages! I love this little goof ball with every thing in me! I love being a kid again with her!















Love you! And I completely love that you are the kind of friend who can be trusted to only post the good pictures. My favorite parts of this are the Caden parts, from the foot twitch to the spastic robot to the nose picking; I think he is my favorite of your blog characters!
ReplyDeleteLove this recap of your life over the past few weeks! And, that fifteen minutes of food truck fest was worth the drive!
ReplyDelete