Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sucker Punched

Oh the updates! I have plenty to post... it's just finding the time to get everything up and going!
I have lots to say... just not words sufficient enough to write. It all boils down to this. God is good. Faithful. True. Huge. He is Everything. I find myself having to catch my breath at times when I get caught up in watching how He is protecting His child.

This season of life has been tiresome, stressful, devastating. But, there is a light that does not burn out. There is a Spirit that reminds me of His eternal goodness. There is God, who showers me with blessings. It's the little things. The waking up in the morning and knowing my very heartbeat is asleep, soundly, in the next room. It's the blowing on the belly and little girl giggles. It's how she loves to have the windows rolled down, and I turn to look and it's right there... the freedom of innocence blowing in her hair.

It's the friends who  leave me speechless with their sacrificial love. It's the acts of kindness that can only be initiated by a true love of Christ and His call.  It's watching this community come by my side and act as the hands and feet of Christ RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE. I see Him. Everywhere. Every day.

There are days when it honestly feels like I've been sucker punched. Bent over trying to find air.... because it's just too overwhelming to watch your life like a play. Watching the orchestrator of the universe so gently and tenderly swoop down into this valley and shower you with peace. It's just too much. Who am I? There are stars that need to be told to keep rotation. There are spiritual battles that need tending to. There is all of existence that needs His attention. Yet, he comes to me. Gently. Faithfully. His word says, "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18. He speaks peace and calm into my soul like a balm. A friend texted, 'But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3' ... like I said... gasping for breath... words too insufficient to describe who He is to me. Not enough gratitude in all the world to pen on paper and make it just. I'm just simply, overwhelmingly thankful.

{This picture... you understand my loss of words for how blessed I am, right? His blessings fall like rain... in my case... in the form of the most darling child in all the world...}
 Her gruff, but tender-hearted grand daddy teaching her how to draw a proper pig!
 My parents front yard. What a welcome. Just beautiful. 
 My accountability partner... this is the look I get if I'm paying too much attention to her and drive over the loud warning bumps on the side of the highway!
 The Rhea's caught a Blue Angels show while they were at the beach last month. If you've never been, it's incredible. It will scare you to death but leave you in total awe of the pilot's skill. 
 {JOY}


 My very favorite work interruptions. So needed on this day! 
 London and I were in a store recently and she kept saying, 'A strawberry banana, Mom' I finally figured out what she was talking about... :)
 A friend texted after seeing the picture and said, 'I keep laughing about how disappointing it would be to bite into a pepper thinking it was going to be a delicious strawberry banana.' Ha!!

Yogurt Explosion. Wow. 
 Again- no words for how much I love Charley Rhea. A pearl of a girl. My first true love!
 Blessings? A $6 highlighting kit and a brave friend who helped me go blonde? Turned out awesome! YES!! Counting it as a blessing! 
 My sweet cousin Courtney and this guy who turns the big 9-7 in two months!!
 Eating popsicles in a card board box with cousins. Too much fun. 

First day of Kindergarden!!! 
 First beautiful day of 10th grade!!
 {all of my heart}
 I miss this gorgeous child so much, but this makes me smile ear to ear. God has amazing things planned for her.. he made her kind, and tenderhearted, and loving.... I'm just going to enjoy the ride of watching her find her calling. She will be mighty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment