Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Dear ole blog, 
I promised to have the Thanksgiving post up and open to the public by 9:00 am. Here it's 3:59 and I have literally 60 seconds to post before I must hit the door screaming, 'CHOP CHOP', as my dear ole dad would say. 

So, here is my 60 second recap. Food? Good grief. Is there any better holiday, really? Family? How about a whole afternoon long visit with Uncle Barry, Doreen, and their adorable Pooch! I'd just give anything if we all lived closer together and could sit at their feet hearing tales of their life in the great Wild West more often! My Uncle is cooler than yours. Sorry, facts are facts. Another fact, my grandmother has the scariest cat ever born. A month later and London still says 'Din Din's cat is MEEEEEE-EEEE-EEEE-EEEAN.' (very sing songy!) Charley Rhea is just gorgeous. The colors of this season are blowing my mind. So incredibly beautiful!!

Thing I learned: 
You can entertain kids for hours by throwing sticks in trees and making pecans fall off the branches. Also, they think you are a hero for being able to do it. Awesome. 





 Backseat smooches from my favorite little turkey!





 Screwing sticks into Lizzy's head, of course!
 Sword fight
 The kids attacking Unc! So funny!!


 The kids WON!!













 {eating the 'christmas candy' on the tree}

 sweet mommy tickles!



 mid-day craft project. Ice cream cones, icing, and 'decorations'! Very fun and sugary!
 An extraordinary darling child...
Din Din, I just love thanksgiving. It's just the perfect break to get away and enjoy our family! Thank you for graciously hosting us each year! We love you and this time of year so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment