We're still in Christmas season here on the good ole family blog. Who's excited? I AM!!! I have lots to blog about... mostly about God's incredible goodness, but I am going to try to knock out all of the Christmas posts so I stay in a time line that makes sense! I really need to get the blogger app for my phone so I can do this on the go, but it's like $3 and has awful reviews.... all of that to say, please just hang with me here! If you haven't subscribed via email, maybe it's a good idea to do that so you don't check the blog and get disappointed when there's nothing new to read! :) {click to the right where it says 'Subscribe to the Rhea Lane Families by Email!'}
Still working our way into Christmas, and in no particular order, here was life the two weeks before Christmas day!
A dear friend from my weekend at Emmaus hand knitted scarves for our little group! They are darling! I got it in the mail and because of all the bright colors, London quickly claimed it as her own! This picture is just too cute for words!
Baby had a little hand injury at school, then banged her fingers up a few times at home. We added one more band aid right after I took this picture. This was a hard week on her poor little hands, but Dora was representing strong!!
London's school Christmas program. It was so cute! Her little class only sang one song, which none of them sang because they were too distracted, but they were adorable none-the-less!
As soon as London's song was over, they ushered her class out of the auditorium. She was not happy to be leaving momma after being so excited that she had company in the middle of the day!
The Thomas' gave us one of their family Christmas cards. This was my backseat view for about a week. London held onto that card like it was a priceless treasure and would stare longingly at it as we drove everyday! We love us some Knox and Lucas!
One of my favorite Mommy days ever. We went for a run one morning and struck up a conversation with a woman who was training for a marathon. She had 1 mile left of a 17 mile training run so we tried to encourage her by telling her she was almost there and she could do it! For the entire rest of our run, anytime we would pass a girl running, Lu would scream 'WAY TO GO!! YOU CAN DO IT!!' I was too happy for words.
One of my favorite nights of the year. Our company has our annual Christmas party at The Club in Birmingham, which is a great restaurant that looks out over the city. It is so ritzy and dreamy to be all dressed up and looking out over all the twinkling lights of the city. I just love all the wives of these boys I work with and we had a ball catching up and celebrating a great year at work! I left with a heart full of gratitude and feeling very blessed that God landed us in this beautiful city full of terrific folks.
The next morning was my birthday and I woke to friends bearing gifts! What a way to start the day! My best friend made me breakfast cupcakes and gave me the most darling phone cover you've ever seen in all of your life! Another sweetest friend brought me a mega cup of my favorite coffee (that doesn't taste like coffee!) A few hours later, the best sis-in-law on the planet showed up with a giant Pinkberry on ice! BEST DAY EVER! I don't deserve friends and family this good.
A few days later we kicked off Christmas break and two weeks of sweet hangs with this babe! I was so very excited for some much needed time off! Spending time with Lu in anticipation for Christmas was just too much fun! We both acted like wild child kids pretty much the whole break!
"Make the Baby in the Bed" game is too much fun! I don't think I'll ever lose the memory of these sweet giggle squeals!
This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Caden and Lizzy's school Christmas project was to color scenes from The Night Before Christmas. Here are their Santa drawings. This owns me. How darling is this? Caden's is on the left and Lizzy's on the right.
My christmas break project was to put together a gallery wall that I've been working on for months now! It is busy, but I LOVE IT. All the pictures have such great memories behind them and I still just stand in the kitchen and stare at the wall. It is the happiest place in my house! My two favorite pieces are a frame that has handwritten recipes from both of my grandmothers then just below that is a picture of Papa as a young man, standing by the well at his grocery store. Umm. My heritage. There hanging on my wall. My heart swells within me.





No comments:
Post a Comment