Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Very Sweet Sixteen

I just can't believe it. Baby girl Charley turned 16 on December 19th. My word. The years have flown by in the blink of an eye. I so clearly remember the day she was born. That sweet, tiny little bundle of love. And I remember her being such an organized little girl.. lining her toy plates and bowls up by size and color order. I remember buying her little girly school supplies before she started grade school then watching with bittersweet feelings as she moved on up the line to high school. Here she is half way through high school. Oh my heart....

Her sweet mom and dad threw Charley a surprise 16th birthday party at Barry's house and they went all out! I wasn't there for it but they had an awesome DJ and dance floor. They had a big celebrity looking wall that said 'Charley's Sweet 16' where all the kids could dress up with crazy accessories and pose for pictures in front of it. They had a hot chocolate bar outside and snacks inside. About 30 of Charley's best friends all came by to party on!

A week or so later, she jumped in my car to head to family dinner. I asked how her party was and she talked 90 to nothing for the next 15 minutes. It was great! She had a total blast! I love her so very much so it just thrills me to no end when people make a huge fuss over this sweet child! She is such a doll and I'm so glad that she had a super memorable 16th birthday! Happy Birthday, you beautiful girl!! I love you so much!!

Caden had the flu but did not miss the opportunity to be a total party animal! Charley said he danced and danced and danced!






No comments:

Post a Comment