I've tried to keep the details of my personal life somewhat vague on the good ole family blog, but tonight, here's a little transparency:
I meet with a group of girls every Sunday night for bible study. Let me rephrase that. On Sunday's at my house, my LIFE IS RENEWED AND REFRESH AND FILLED TO OVERFLOWING. I could write for 6 days about what these women mean to me. Some of them friendships from when I first moved to Birmingham. Some of them, new amazing friends. Some of them, acquaintances I knew but we had never gone deep before. So here, as the heavens would have it, we've all found a place of community in my home. My very deepest desire being fulfilled... because God is incredibly faithful, you know.....
When my life changed, I couldn't much wrap my mind around things. But I did know one thing surely. Not one day passed when this group of girls wasn't speaking truth and peace over me in such a profound way. (insert streaming tears as I stare at this screen and remember.... How very blessed I am.) I knew from the very beginning that even though there were massive question marks all over my life, I was certain that I wanted London to know that the doors of our house would always be open to women who want to hear about Jesus. No matter what. Come in, and let's talk about grace, and obedience, and joy, and redemption and Jesus. Almost a year later, do you know what? London knows Sundays are 'when mommy's friends come over and talk about Jesus.'
And my heart floods with thanksgiving.
A few weeks back, it was a hard week. There was just something getting me down and I could not shake it. As we finished our group, I prayed over each of these girls. I got to me, and I just couldn't. I choked up and I just couldn't get my heart to pour words. And from my side, some of the most beautiful words I've ever heard. My friend Kristine said 'I've got your back......'
and she prayed the most beautiful prayer over my life. I can not shake those words.
I've got your back.
I wasn't going to post about that night, but tonight we are fighting for another dear precious friend in our group. We join up together, this little community of us, and we vow to protect, and fight for, and renounce the enemy off one of our sisters. And these words still ring so true.... with an iron resolve, I want this precious woman to know we will bridge the gap for you. We will not give up. We believe in the power and goodness of the one who is from everlasting to everlasting. In this night and in this season, we call expectantly on Him to bring you mercy. Deep and overwhelming mercy.
Sometimes friendships are so real and honest and raw and deep, that once you've traveled the valleys together, you look back and realize you're held together by concrete. I think God purposes it this way. I see it so clearly as I sit here tonight. With my face bowed in prayer, my jaw clenched to fight, and everything in me promising... 'Ive got your back.'
'Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
Relieve the troubles of my heart
and free me from my anguish.
Look on my affliction and my distress
and take away all my sins.....
Guard my life and rescue me...
for I take refuge in you.
May integrity and uprightness protect me,
BECAUSE MY HOPE, LORD, IS IN YOU.
Psalm 25: 16-21
Amen, agree and I got your back. Love you, dear.
ReplyDelete