Friday, February 8, 2013

Off to a great start!

Wow! If January is the barometer for how this year is going to be, then Im crazy excited! Not all of life has been spectacular... there have been some hard days, but life with London Lane is stinking awesome. 

For instance....

She woke up this morning, gave me a huge hug and said, 'Big squeeze for my best friend!' Yup. I could have just died of happiness right there on the spot. Holy Toledo she's cute. Also, and get ready for it... Im pulling everything off the blog and going black and white in a week or so so that I can actually get videos to post. My small group started Beth Moore's scripture memorization challenge in January. Guess who's doing it with me and KILLING IT. London Super Brain Lane. I've got two of the 3 we've memorized on video and were working on number 4 now. I am floored with how easy it is for these young-uns to memorize things. It is a walk in the park for her. Is it 31 years of data input into my brain that is making it work so slow??? Im claiming that. It's hard for me to remember things because my brain is so full of KNOWLEDGE! :) {that's my story and I'm sticking with it!}

My favorite part of being a mom.... well, one of my million favorite parts... there is joy to be found in even the most mundane of activities. Insert errands trip to Bed Bath and Beyond (which, sidenote, is NOT the greatest place to take a toddler because there are 3 zillion things to play with a a million places to hide from mom.... however, it can be loads of fun!) London found the section that sells CD's. They have this machine that will play 20 seconds or so of any song you touch on the screen. That's PERFECT for her attention span, so she sat here jamming out to nice variety of music for some time! The ladies in our house love a good dance party!


She was just playing around, jumped in the pillow container.... and it ate her whole! I had to dig her giggling self out from the very bottom!

I did some bathroom spring cleaning while London was soaking on New Years Day and found a spray bottle with some foam soap in it. I let Lu have it. Think of the cutest, full body laugh you've ever heard then extend that for about a solid half hour time span. She made the biggest foam mess ever but MAN was it adorable! After listening to those laughs, I knew this year was going to be a good one! 

Hot chocolate mornings with the cousins at Booper and Andaddy's!
The family all headed to Columbus to celebrate my awesome Grandmother's 85 birthday! I am so glad that we were all able to come home and be with her! What a great time!
Too cute! I love it!!
I gave London a little 'doctor' dress up kit for Christmas. I loved this picture of Caden. Poor Andaddy. He was about to GET IT. 
And this is just my absolute favorite. I love the last picture so much! This was London doctoring on 'Doc' as he belly ached and writhed in pain! So so much fun! This is what life with grandparents is all about!
God's goodness on my way into Columbus. He shows me his goodness again and again and again and again. That post is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment