Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beach Trip: Day 2

Well, maybe I am walking this trip day by day! I came home with a ton of pictures because I had 'super photographer Hannah' with me! Any just down-right-amazing shots that you see over the next few days definitely belong to Hann. She's incredible at catching THE shot. 

Day 2 started spectacularly! I was not yet exhausted from vacationing so hard, so I woke up with the sun, grabbed God's good Word, and sat on the balcony... watching a new day rising and reading of God's faithfulness to His people. I was totally awash with renewal.
 My little heart beat was still snoozing when I came in and it was all I could do to keep from just eating her up right there. That little snoring ball of perfect. So cute. I was thankful she slept late since she had had such a trying day the day before.
 Minutes later she was up and at 'em and seemed to be feeling great! So started our first FULL day of vacation. We were very close to being the first people on the beach! 
 And this child was thrilled to be right in this exact moment...  
(hannah shot)
If you look hard, right in the center of the photo, you can see a dolphin fin. One of easily 40 that we saw over the course of this day. They were everywhere. You couldn't look out at the sea without seeing 4 or 5 at a time! Dolphins are usually a rare sighting so it was amazing to see so many of them!
 London 'swimming'... aka, letting me pull her floating body around the pool! Lazy bones! She got plenty of practice the rest of the week though!
 Hannah giving me 15 minutes to lay on the beach and relax... to which I spent taking pictures of how much fun she is! These two jumped waves for forever!

 Getting swamped by a wave!
 We headed to the Wharf later in the afternoon to grab race packets and ride the ferris wheel.... 
 ...and I fell in love with my life all over again!

 We ate dinner at this new 'food truck-ish' restaurant called the Gulf. A friend (with kids) recommended it to me. The food was casual and fabulous but I am NOT as cool of a mom as my friend is! The restaurant is outside on the beach so London just played in the sand the whole time. She had sand in every nook and cranny of her whole body- not to mention all in her food... BLECH!! I thought i was doing okay until she brought me a huge shard of glass and said, 'Mom... look at this!!' Yeesh. So, the restaurant is great, but only if your kids are old enough to differentiate between beach sand time and dinner time sand time. London is not there yet! :)
My Boo. 
 And another night of incredible moon views / bad photography. It filled up the whole sky in real life!


No comments:

Post a Comment