June has been the happiest month! Nothing in particular has happened, it's just been happy! London is in a really fun age. She is ridiculously hilarious and generally a very happy-go-lucky kid! We have moments... 3 isn't the easiest year of parenting, but I still really like it! We can communicate totally, she can do chores (PRAISE THE LORD!!!), she can be a ball of energy when it's appropriate or sit and cuddle with you for more than 4 seconds, she has a wildly creative imagination and has all kinds of darling conversations with her dolls... i love it!
It takes her a minute to wake up in the morning. She usually is a tad grumbly so I like to be early morning CHIPPER CHICKEN to annoy the stew out of her! That's probably my favorite time of day when I'm dancing around the room singing like a bloomin' idiot and she has the covers pulled up over her head! We're entering the 'Im embarrassed by my mom' stage and I couldn't love it more! :)
Mom and Archie came over recently to help with some home renovations. One day I'll post pictures of all of our hard work, but now is just not the time. Anywho- here's grumbly London and sweet Archie asking for a play mate. It didn't take long for her to accept his offer! :) Sweet things. Both of them!
London went for a long weekend with her dad earlier in the month so I met my old running partner for a very early morning run. It. Was. Awesome. I love that girl so so much and I've missed scenes like this in my life.
Side note: this is right after we ran up on a GIANT snake so in my head I was all, 'GOD WILL GET YOU, DEMON ANIMAL!!' Beautiful view but this moment held such serpent defeating power in it also! :)
4:00 dinner date with my best friend Jill and her kid-o's. We walked into a yoga clothing store that sells outlandishly expensive yoga wear. The only explanation for the prices is that they built a Vulcan replica at their front door and are trying to re-coup this unnecessary expenditure. It is so mis-placed but the kids thought he was funny!
London woke up sick one morning but voted to plow through her sickness because I had promised we'd go to the pool that day. I'm positive that she just will-powered herself well. Amazing. I forced her to take a nap later that afternoon so she could rest and she ended up falling asleep on my belly and stayed that way for 3 whole hours. I wouldn't have moved for 3 days if it meant I got to soak up looking at this angel face. So good.
This guy's been posting a plethora of pictures with his new Fuji camera. The pictures are unbelievable. So, if anyone has an extra $1200 sitting around and just feels like getting me a happy.... :)
Just kidding (kinda). My trusty phone treats me just fine! Im very grateful for what I have!
Lu and I and I went to a food truck festival down town one Sunday afternoon and had the best time! They had free activities for the kids then super expensive food to make up for it! :/ It was worth it though! We had a blast!
This outfit does me in. So cute.
You've never seen someone work so hard at hula hooping in your life. She calls it something adorable like hoopy hoops or something... I'll have to ask! UPDATE: Huly Hoops. She calls it a Huly Hoop. I LOVE that!!!
GET IT GIRL!!!
I loved this picture! Isn't it great? Just some good old fashioned fun! I tagged this picture to a community of Birmingham picture-takers and we made their highlight reel! I was pretty excited!
Go London!! :)
We were one of the first people to the festival, so we had the jump house mostly to ourself for a while. At one point London was the only kid in there so I decided to jump in with her.
Read: if your life is overwhelming, or if you are taking yourself too seriously, or if you don't remember the last time you acted like a kid, go hunt down a jump house and don't get out until life feels happier. Best 10 minutes I've had in a long time. London was howling laughing the entire time. Best time, best sounds, best reminder that life is great.
Catching some air
All of my happy, right there.
We left right before the bottom fell out of the sky. I walked in my bedroom and found London like this. I thought it was such a cute picture. Little girl watching it storm. Childhood is awesome.



No comments:
Post a Comment