Friday, June 14, 2013

Beach Trip: Day 3

I've got plenty of material to walk this trip out day by day. Goodness the pictures! Day 3 was an early morning for most of us! London and I got up at normal kid time... when she's 16 she's never gonna believe that she voluntarily woke up so early all these years! :) Hannah & John had signed up to run 'The Color Run' while we were down there so Hannah was up and at 'em but John had called it and decided to keep on snooze-a-loozin'. Hannah wasn't feeling well at all so 10 minutes before she needed to leave, we jumped on board and said we'd do it with her! I was really glad we did! We got some much needed exercise and all had a blast!

You may remember The Color Run from when Charley and London ran it with me last year. It's a really casual 5K but periodically you run through 'Color Stations' and they pummel you with colored corn starch (or something like that). It's perfectly safe except that it's chalky tasting!

Surely you remember one of my favorite pictures ever taken.... (from last year)

Pre-run with an uninterested London on my hip... and therefore cropped out, sucka!!! ;)
Mid Race at a Color Station 
 Post Race. Baby Girl's got a hand full of blue powder here! She loved throwing it on people!
 Getting in on the action!



 This kid is loved something fierce. 
In the car afterwards taking pictures of herself!
We came home, got showered up as best we could (I had bright blue arm pits for 2 solid days. Gross..) and headed down to the beach.... only after Mrs. Bananas got ahold of this child's head and did the most awesome french braid. London looked GORGEOUS with her hair braided all week!
I've died and gone to heaven right in this moment. So adorable. 
Mr. John (Hannah's hubbs) was with us by this point in the trip. I should try to explain London's and John's relationship but I really just can't. John is the nicest, most wonderful person ever.... EVER. He's highly intelligent, gentle, funny, and much quieter than me! :) (I realize that's not hard to do!) London gravitates toward quieter people, but she is usually very tentative around guys. Not the case with John- she's like a bug to a lamp with him. She doesn't see him all that often but when he walks in the door, she's immediately his shadow until we leave.  When we'd go up to the condo, she'd jump right up on the couch by John and just snuggle into his side without a second thought. She wouldn't go to bed without giving him at least 1 big hug and kiss every night. Adorable. She loves him so much. These shots are from John teaching London how to shell and eat sunflower seeds. These two were in the ZONE with these seeds. 
Suck, bite, spit, chew, repeat. BFF's.
Check out that little squirrel girl on the right munchin' with her main squeeze! Haha!!
Get it, Lu Lu!! :)
Building sand castles with the coolest people ever! Hannah wanted to try to build a legitimate castle so she googled Martha Stewart's instructions. Martha suggested you use a melon baller for precision. Pah-leasssssse. Martha's CRAZY IN THE HEAD. 

I think our beach finale will be coming up next but it's late and I've gotta call it! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love alllll of this! We had the best trip ever! I wish it could have lasted and lasted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this including the fact that you blogged about your pits!

    ReplyDelete