I saw a headline come across a few months ago: Mumford and Sons to play at Oak Mountain Amphitheater. I immediately put out an SOS that I would need a babysitter for Septemeber 9th and lucky for me, my best friend in California accepted! (Click here to be amazed by her blog!) The distance was a bit much though, so darling Lala offered her assistance so I could have a night out acting like a grown up!
So, the best date in the world, Hannah Banana and I were on our way! We're both huge fans so we were pretty pumped up! I might have watched the show countdown on their website all day long….
{Video}
We ran into a ton of our friends, which made the night even better! One of my best friends are her darling hubbs sat 2 rows in front off us so we made them do the 'kiss cam'! :)
(This is Lauren, my running partner that you've read tons about over the years. She's gorgeous and fantastic!)
Mumford did NOT disappoint. You never know what you are going to get in a live show but I think they sounded better live than they do on the album. So much talent. They are from England tho so they were all about to DIE from the heat. The lead singer kept saying... "Birmingham, it's bloody f-ing HOT here!" (but he used the potty mouth word!) I love British people!
He also talked for a bit while they were changing out instruments and he shared how they had gotten the chance to ride around Oak Mountain (which is right next door) and he said, "It truly is lovely, really." Good grief. That accent. I'm such a sucker for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment