Lordy. I have so many words to put into this post, but these jokers keep getting longer and longer so I'm trying to decide how to give you a brief summary of this day but allow you to leave the blog like I left the party… both feet still on the dance floor whilst being pulled into the car! :)
The Overstreet's were Mom and Dad's college best friends. Both Dad and Raymond's medical practices ended up in Columbus so their friendship continued. Mom and Karen both spit out babies around the same time, so Barry and I were naturally best friends with the Overstreet kids. Their extended family was our extended family. You get the idea.
When the Overstreet's throw a party, they throw it well. They are always over the top- not in a fancy way, but in a more fun than you possibly could've imagined kind of way! They decided to have a 'Hatfield and McCoy's' themed Thanksgiving party. When I say over the top, I mean that there were horse draw carriage rides, hay rides, baby goats, hay bailers, horse back riding, shooting contest, hymn singing, bluegrass band and dancing. This party was LEGIT.
Everyone was instructed to dress in 1890's garb, which mostly meant we all put on the most tan, drab thing we could find! I got to the party, and there stood Blair, my best friend, in bright red lipstick, corset, and fire red dress. She was a burlesque beauty for sore eyes and everything about her get up made me happy! That's Blair, being the red hot smokin' standout that she's always been! I loved it!
I'm pretty sure London and the twins thought this was the best thing that had ever happened to them. They were all in for the hay rides and baby goats!
I don't want to make you jealous, but I got to hang out with Charley Rhea all night long. It was nothing short of awesome.
Good gravy, these people. Also, notice London's socks. I have a weird thing about socks. I don't like white socks. What fun is that?! Neither Lu nor I own 1 single pair of white socks. The mildest flavor we had was neon green! I know that sounds really immature and silly for me to have an aversion to white toe toppers, but I kind of love it! A little hint of SPUNKY for my baby girl! I don't think they sported neon green socks in the 1890's tho….
So much fun!
The girls were on a hay ride but Caden and Charley were close by for the baby goat's dinner time so they got to feed them! These little dudes eat like they've never tasted food before! It took all of 25 seconds for them to suck down their bottles! They were loud and not at all polite about it! :) I was shocked over the intensity of their grubbing! Yowza!
Karen Overstreet and Sally. Isn't this a cute picture? Such fun, fun ladies! Both of them are a total blast! Karen is the most exciting person you've ever been around and she tells big hand motion stories that are so dramatic and fabulous! :) I wish you all knew them both!
Look at these two grumpers. I guarantee they are both having a blast, you just can't tell from the look on their faces! :)
I spy a Christmas card in the making!
The lovely, wonderful, delightful Overstreets!
Thank you, Raymond and KO, for hosting a fabulous party! I missed photos of all the night time festivities due to a dying phone battery, but trust me, there was much square dancing, belly laughs, and moments caught still, thinking 'never, ever forget this happy." I left with a heart full of gratitude for friends we've loved for forever, for watching this little clan of ours grow and grow with beautiful children, and for family to share every second of our lives with! We are immeasurably blessed!














No comments:
Post a Comment