On to a MUCH less serious post! Londonisms!! One of my favs! I hope yall don't think this is annoying, but she's so funny to me and I want to have a place to remember all her quirky conversations! Since the good ole family blog doubles as my diary..... here goes!
I spent the morning doing laundry and London handed me a stack of sports bras. She said,
'Mom, here are your ninnie nets'.
I laughed for 2 solid weeks over this one.
She helped me unpack the car recently and this was our conversation afterwards:
Lu: 'Wasn't that sweet of me? It's called making love.'
Me: 'It is?? Who told you that?'
Lu: 'My teachers. Mom and Dad's love it when we make love.'
...........
When she asks someone to spell their name, she says it like this: 'Mom, how do you spell yourself?' She asked Chuckles to 'spell yourself' on Christmas eve! :)
This is past due but I forgot about it. We bought two mini pumpkins around Halloween. A white one and an orange one. She decided they would be our pets and she named them Funkis and Punkis.
I was forcing her to eat her dinner one night after she had lost interest and she said, 'Mom, you are such a killjoy.' Hahaha! She used it in the right context and everything! WELL DONE, CHILD!
London: 'Did you know that a caterpillar goes into his raccoon so he can be a butterfly?'
She thinks boy Grandaddy long leg spiders are called 'Andaddy Long Legs' and the ones she deems girls are 'Booper Daddy Long Legs'.
On the way to school one day: 'I dreamed about the day that Mary had a little lamb. I was in it. I was Mary and Knox was little lamb." (poor kid!)
Another car convo: 'I'm going to pray to God about these clouds. Dear God, thank you for the orange clouds and thank you for being my best friend all day long.' She also told me the other day that Jesus was her boyfriend. YESSSSSSSS! :)
We have plowed straight into the questions stage. Some days I just need a break from fielding all of the thousands of questions that come flying at me so I'll ask her to tell me a fairy tale. Every single one starts like this: Once upon a time there was a princess named Taylor Mommy. :)
Last one. The other day like a total SILLY HEAD, I decided to take a bath instead of a shower. I put a movie on for London, then took my devotional with me to the bath. The devotional is all of about 4 pages long so it should've only taken a minute to get through. I got settled in and immediately I hear pitter patter footsteps and.....
'Mommy. you are in the bath. I'm just going to put my foot in.'
'No, baby. Mommy needs just a minute, okay?'
'Okay.' and she leaves... then comes back..
'Momma, are you reading a book?'
'Yes baby. You can stay in here but I'm going to finish reading my book, okay?'
'Okay.' The she went to her stool, sat down, and started singing as loud as she could 'lalalalallalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaa.'
'Baby. Go watch your movie.' London exits then enters 30 seconds later.
'Mom. Im just going to look at your face.'
And of course that ended with her in the bath, me in the shower, and the devotional put off for a later time. Silly me.
But then there are Saturday mornings like this where my heart swells and grows to have even more room to love every ounce of her...
'I want to come get in bed with you so we can watch a movie and kiss a lot.'
We put up the Christmas tree 2 or 3 weeks before Thanksgiving because I could not handle all of the Christmas excitement any longer. Some little joker was super on board with that idea! :) We had so much fun decorating it together. Our house was in GOOBER OVERLOAD.
I literally brought my pillow in the room and just laid on the floor admiring the tree and listening to Christmas music for a good hour. Christmas trees are good for the soul.
London was invited to a princess tea party birthday party. The cute hostess flipped paper bowls inside out and the kids got to hot glue fake flowers to the tops to make proper hats for the tea party! It was so adorable!
My favorite picture I've taken recently. I blew this up and hung it in my kitchen and I'm in love with it!
School drop off. This was surely one of the mornings with hilarious conversations because I spent the whole day missing the ever-living-stew out of her. Gah lee, i love this kid.
At Thanksgiving, Dad informed me that I would be coming back home the following weekend because he had signed me up for a hand gun training class. So, off we went, back to C-town. This was a 4 hour Friday night classroom course then early Saturday morning at the gun range. I didn't realize it at the time, but about 30 minutes into the class, I remembered that Dad had already gone through this whole class. So, he got off work, met me at the meeting, then sat through a 4 hour lecture just to be with me. Dad might scoff at me bragging on how amazing he is, because his awesomeness manifests itself in unusual ways at times, but I felt so loved by my Daddy this weekend. He sat in an awful medal chair by me for 4 hours just to be present. Then made the grandest deal over my shooting the next morning. The class was a blast, I left with a very healthy fear of guns, felt much safer about protecting my family if ever needed, and was overflowing with the fun, valuable ways my Dad loves on us. He's such a great Daddy.
Take THAT busters. (Related, i went back and looked at moms shooting when she went through the class and we shot almost identical boards! We both pull to the left a tad!)
This is London practicing the Hallelujah chorus for her school Christmas program and it's one of my favorite things that I've ever heard. Halle-youlah. Priceless.
{video}






No comments:
Post a Comment