Monday, April 4, 2011

Inspired

I have been blog inspired lately. Since I signed up for Facebook, I've found all my friends blogs. This has been awesome, but has made me feel like a blogging looser! All the blogs I've read are so eloquently written that they bring me to tears, or so funny I have to cover my mouth not to laugh out loud, or so colorful that you feel like your walking through life with the family. Mine.... I've got 2 minutes to post so I post the shortest, most succinct version of whatever story Im trying to tell. Get in and get it done. Oh, and a few pictures for good measure. I have decided this is unexceptable. I don't want any of our lives to be re-read as the 'short version' of life. I want to live a life well lived and I want to tell stories on my family that represent exactly that!

We spent the weekend in Columbus with my family this weekend. It was... relaxing. Isn't home always relaxing? I slept like the dead. Must've needed it. My favorite picture from the weekend...
95 years old and holding strong. He wasn't doing great this trip. He seemed a little down, but Mom says there are still good days and bad days. He sure looks cute in his baby blue jacket though doesn't he? Best part, London started saying "Paw Paw" while we were there! She said it over and over... he only heard her once, but he lit up when it heard her on his own! I was so glad he was able to hear her! 

We spent the rest of the weekend getting some sun, petting the horses, and letting Renny drive the golf cart around Mom and Dad's place. She. Loved. It. She would say, "That was some GOOOOOD driving I did right there!" So funny! Here are a few pictures of London's first horse experience. I thought she would at least be wide eyed, but nope. It was just another animal for her! She wrapped her arms around Red's neck and just sat there an loved on him! 

Church on Sunday was great... my parents church started a contemporary service and people are flocking to it! It was so great to visit with people I haven't seen in years! I am so excited for FBC of Columbus... there is something amazing going on there!  
Other news, We've decided it's time to start disciplining LuLu. (heart break) She is the worst at throwing things. I know this is normal, but its so annoying at dinner time when she throws all her food on the floor and when she launches her milk cup across the room... Drives me crazy. She started throwing food last night and I slammed my hand down on her high chair and said "NO LONDON". She gave me the most pitiful look and her little bottom lip started quivering!! She held it together but it was the saddest thing I've ever seen! I hate this part of parenthood! Anyway, there is the real version of our weekend... not the short version! Here a few more pictures from our great time in C-town! 





No comments:

Post a Comment