Growth. The act of maturing. Whatever it is, I'll take it.
8 years ago, Easter and Christmas were about presents and chocolate. And more presents please. Nice ones if you don't mind.
3 years ago, Easter and Christmas were anticipation to a great church sermon and presents and chocolate.
This is my first year to be brought to my knees over the Glory of Christmas and Easter. PRAISE THE LORD. Please, no present or chocolate. Just more Jesus.
My soul stirs to PREPARE. Prepare my heart. Prepare my mind. Slow. Still. Allow Him in in the most intimate of ways. Remember. Be broken. Then REJOICE. He was born. He saved my soul from what I most deserve by DYING FOR ME. Brutally. Then, His lungs filled with breath and HE LIVES!
This Easter was amazing. My girls group prepared. We welcomed the message of Easter even though it breaks our hearts. Then we came together to discuss. There were tears. There was encouragement, there was Jesus, heavy, in the midst of my work in progress home. He is always there, we just need to invite Him in. Then, Lord Jesus, He will come and show up and change you. Still you. Remind you. Strengthen you. He is faithful. Evermore.
I didn't check my email over the weekend, but Monday was a day full of flooded heart. I prayed last night and thanked God for showing up in people's lives and prompting them to act on their feelings and writing about it. The Easter blogs were almost more than I could handle. So moving. So full of the message.
This will take time to read through these, and I know time is fleeting, but if you want to be filled to overflowing today, read. Quiet yourself and read. Then wait, Jesus is there and He's about to rock your world.
(Or, bookmark this for next year to prepare yourself for this greatest of seasons)
In preparation, we celebrated the Passover meal. Our outline was from the beautiful Ann Voskamp. If you haven't subscribed to her daily blog, then click HERE and be blessed... every single day.
The Passover Meal (click the titles of all blog posts to be re-directed. It's hard to see with this layout!)
I have been trying to put together a blog post on what it was like to prepare the lamb for this meal. I am still speechless, but Ann says it perfectly in The Shocking Theology of Good Friday. (click)
Good Friday. This blog mimics my life so well. Oh, how i still want to fall at His feet to ask why he saved a wretch like me? His Wounds Healed this Prodigal (click) by Lara Williams.
I'll read this every year on Easter Day. One of the most powerful things I've ever read. He's Already Up (click) by Beth Moore. If you don't raise your hands in church, you might after this!
What You Really Need to Know the Day After Easter (click) by Ann Voskamp. Shut it down Ann. "When the back doors of the chapel open, we all stream out into the light and Resurrection and the Reign of the Risen King!"
The Practice of Living Easter (click) by Ann Voskamp. Progress. Beautiful. Oh, how I want to move forward with this Jesus. The living, breathing Jesus inside of me everyday.
Lastly, if you live in the Columbus, MS area and you aren't attending First Baptist Church, you are missing out on a Preacher that has been divinely empowered. Pastor Shawn Parker's service on if you REALLY BELIEVE that Jesus was raised from the dead to flesh and blood had me on the edge of my seat. What am I living for? Nothing outside of my hope and belief that Jesus Christ is exactly who he says he is. Nothing else.
They played this sound bite (different graphics) before the sermon. Oh, how I wish I would have been in S.M. Lockridge's congregation this day in 1976. Would there be any way to stay in your seat? Surely not!!
That's all. I just wanted to share these resources in hopes that they bring you to a place where he shows you the depth of his love more. He is good. He is deep. He is overwhelming. He is all I need.
Oh how I love your heart! I love getting to watch and experience this with you. Amen, amen, amen.
ReplyDelete