Friday, September 7, 2012

Atlanta Aquarium

I have this friend, Hannah. London calls her Bananas, which we all love. This is the type of friend she is:

Me: I'd like to do __________. (fill in the blank with non-sense activity)
Bananas: Let's do it. 
Me: Yeah, one day. 
Bananas: How about Saturday?

Then... off we go. She's spontaneous. She's crazy cool. She has amazing hair. You can always count on her to do anything she says. She's loyal. She ends phone calls by saying, 'I love you, mean it.' She might be my favorite travel companion ever. She and her husband have been married for umpteen years but they flirt with each other like they're on their third date.... all the time. It's so adorable it kind of makes you want to puke. I love them. 

I mentioned the Georgia Aquarium one day in passing and she shot me a look like 'HOW have you not been there already??' 6 days later, at 6:30 am, we were in route to Atlanta for an amazingly fun day trip. Bananas, being incredible, brought her fancy camera and acted as our professional photographer for the day! Her beautiful pictures are to come.... hold you're breath... they turned out great!!

London ADORES this chick. Hannah was fortunate enough that we left 'Lovey' at her house one night. She delivered it back to London a few days later and ever since then, she is the extreme apple of London's eye! Bananas, Knox, Caden, and Lizzy are the only 4 people she's invited to her birthday party so far. I should know... we talk about it everyday.... 
I digress.... I think it's just incredibly easy and natural to be around Mrs. Bananas. You are going to laugh your tail off. She's going to make you think about some heavy stuff. Here's my equation: Being around her is like sitting in your most comfy pajamas watching your very favorite movie that makes you laugh, cry, and ponder. She's the perfect combination of everything you want in a friend!! How lucky am I?!?
Let's start by giving credit where credit is due... Do you see God? Right there in the middle? Shining through this ocean of His magnificent imagination? These wild creatures? He's right there! Everywhere! I SEE YOU, GOD. Showing off like always!! :) {smile}
Our 'remember where we parked' picture
I put this pic on Instagram with this note. It's so true. 
'Watching my heart walk around this world outside of my body. Being a mom is fascinating.'
Whale Shark. INCREDIBLE. He was massive. 
delightful pops of color...
{curious}
peak a boo


Learning together. Be still my heart. 

This frog looked just like Yoda. Frog I am. 
And London loved this little sleepy guy!
actual view of what most of our trip looked like. Hannah's awesome!
Isn't this little guy charming? 
We all could have parked in front of the jelly fish tank for the next 7 days. Something about watching them dance is just captivating. So relaxing and peaceful. 


We ended the day with a Trader Joe's grocery trip and stuffing ourselves to the brim with pizza. We already have another road trip on the books and I can't wait!! I love you Bananas! You are family and I am so very thankful that our lives crossed! We are so blessed by you!

1 comment:

  1. Taylor...you just made me cry!..too much for me to handle. I love you to the moon and back, my friend.

    ReplyDelete