My sweet momma is generous enough to share her place at the beach with her kids so that we can get away for cheap, wonderful, soul therapy vacations. I blogged earlier that London and I were both long over due for a few days of having absolutely nothing to do. I honestly think this sweet kid needed the getaway just as much as I did. She was completely enamored over the idea of an upcoming beach trip for weeks before we hit the road.
Of course, during the wee hours of the departure morning, London started throwing up and had an awful rotten tummy. However, London has always been a weird, sick kid. The 4 minutes that she's in the action of being sick, she is pitiful and it just breaks your heart. As soon as that is over, she snaps right back into playful, happy as a lark London. So, she convinced me that she wasn't sick anymore and she wanted to go ahead and make the trip instead of staying home for another day or two.
Therefore, we headed out. We stopped and grabbed Mrs. Bananas and hit the road. London did pretty well most of the way down but her tummy was ill and she wasn't eating much. Shortly after lunch, the poor bottom fell out for Lu and she started getting sick over and over again :(. Once we didn't catch it in time and had vomit everywhere. London was so upset so we swung off to the side of road and I got her cleaned up and just sat rocking her. DARLING Mrs. Bananas cleaned all of it up. Seriously, got in the backseat and cleaned up vomit that belonged to another persons child. She loves us too much, i tell you. What a woman. I was so incredibly grateful for her because I eventually had to trade off driving with her so I could doctor on Lu. The trip took FOREVER but we finally got there and got some anti-throw-up meds in London.
We rested for a bit but eventually we had to get our toes in the sand. We had all waited for oh so long....
London had strict instructions to take it easy and just get her feet wet....
Which led to this happy kid fully submerged.
She looks like a kid with a stomach virus, wouldn't you say???
Check out that uber wet diaper that she had to wear! We looked like the biggest rednecks!! This was one happy kid, though!
We got cleaned up and spent the evening blowing bubbles off the balcony, watching them float and fly forever and ever!
My hearts true loves... both of them.
Barry called and told me that our first night down would have a full moon and we should check it out. My next venture is figuring out how to photograph the moon. Im not sure why it looks tiny in pictures because the moon was ENORMOUS. It was one of those moons that you just kept thinking, 'if I reach out, surely I'll be able to touch it!' I couldn't stop watching it. I was like an illusion.
Thank goodness the rest of our days weren't quite as chaotic but day 1 deserved it's very own post! More to come!!



I would clean it up again in a heartbeat. Love that kid.
ReplyDelete