I love this city. This comes as no surprise since I include that exact sentence in 3/4 of all my posts. It is so fun! Earlier this year, Downtown build a brand new baseball stadium and exported the Birmingham Barons team from Hoover to Downtown. I thought it all sounded fine when they were building the facility but honestly wasn't super interested. We had never gone to a game before so it didn't matter much to me. The stadium opened and all the sudden Instagram (my social media platform of choice) started EXPLODING with posts about how amazing this place was.
So, being an advocate of experiencing everything our great city has to offer, I bought London and I a pair of the cheapest tickets they had, piggy backed with our best friends, and off we went for a classic, all american evening at the ball park....
It was truly a great night in America! The 'poor folk' area of the stadium was INCREDIBLE and that's without us even stepping foot into the section that actually has SEATS! :) We sat in the outfield so the kids could run around and not bother anyone. I've never seen London play so hard in my life. She and Knox were dripping with sweat! They had the best time ever. The stadium has so much for kids to do... playground, jump houses, mini wiffle ball field, mini sprint track. Hours of fun!
Shortly after we got there, God painted the most beautiful sun set for us to enjoy! This isn't edited at all, just an all out lovely view. Wow.
Knox, Lucas, and London posed for pictures being professional baseball players. Lucas' faces were so cute!
We stayed up way too late because I just couldn't leave before we watched the Friday night firework show. It was so good! (picture below taken from the internet) I am so proud of our great city for investing in family friendly entertainment! I love the fact that a low stocked wallet doesn't put a damper on us living life to the fullest in any way. I love you Birmingham and am so glad to be raising a kid in this beautiful, fun city!

No comments:
Post a Comment