Gosh. I have so many blog posts that I just put together! HOORAY!! Life has been SO BUSY lately! It's been great, but I just keep walking through my living room, looking at this computer... feeling it call to me... and I say, "There's just no time..." I'm so happy to 1. get these pics off my phone so I can clear up some space and 2. share our awesome life with you!
About a month ago, the whole fam-dam-ly packed up and headed to Booper and Andaddy's for the weekend. These two, of course, were princesses before we got the car unpacked! They are seriously the BEST of friends! What a blessing.
After we got settled in, mom started fooling around in the kitchen and whooped up a little bit of THIS!! Bellini's for the ladies!! We were three happy lady folk! Good call, momma! You ROCK!! A cold, tasty libation for a tired momma is like a 15 minute glorious mini vacation and I'll take it every time!
London and Caden have both mentioned wanting to go camping many, many times. I didn't tell them what was going on, but after I finished my beach drink, I broke the news! SURPRISE!! I was taking them CAMPING tonight!!!! (albeit in the back yard.) They were so stinkin' excited and I was thrilled to be going on this little adventure with them! FUN!
However, being outdoors is hot, you know. And they really needed air conditioning, and they were SWEATINNNNNNNNG. Kids these days. (That would be a fan they are all standing in front of. Hard knock life.)
With the help of my amazing sis-in-law, we had our tent up and fire going all by sunset! It was such a gorgeous night! Lala grilled us up some delicious dogs (GO GIRL!!!) then we made smores! (which are gross by the way! Yuk!) Also- in a total parenting win, Lauren and I told the kids that, 'everyone knows that if you eat your whole hot dog, then it keeps all the camping monsters away....'
Boom. 3 dogs, fully eaten.
Bedtime. Bad-to-the-bone in the front (London) got sent inside for a while because she would NOT go to sleep and wanted to keep everyone else awake. About 20 minutes later, she moseyed back out saying she promised she would go to sleep! And she did. Praise the Lord.
After everyone was asleep, I was left... staring through the tent, totally terrified! I kept replaying all of the Columbus horror stories... and there have been a few, so that's a legitimate concern. Barry left Sam out, which I was glad because I felt like he protected us, but he kept walking around so I'd hear random sneaky footsteps all night. I was thankful, however, for working hard to memorize scripture! About 1 am, I fell asleep reciting, 'He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty'... I finally fell asleep feeling fully protected. A verse that brought me peace in another time of life, brought me peace on a fun family campout. Scripture. Always applicable. :)
Lo and Behold, we survived until morning! Little Bad Girl was the last to sleep and the first to wake. I was doing the momma-gritted teeth-whisper-threats... 'if you even THINK about waking anyone up, you're gonna be in so much trouble!!!!' It couldn't have been 5:30 when she woke up! Goof ball! Lizzy woke up about 30 minutes later and they quietly had silly tent time until Caden woke up!
This boy. Here he is explaining how Spider Man works. I love him so so much.
Good morning, sleepy head!
When it was actually a decent hour to be awake, we headed inside and Caden, London and I made delicious blue berry pancakes. We were pretty proud of ourselves!
We spent the rest of the day swimming at Old Waverly. Well, Lauren, Booper, and the kids did. They gave me a pass since I had a sleepless night so I got to lay out, read, and sleep. I won by a long shot. It was so awesome to veg out! Thank you, ladies!
At bedtime, Andaddy took the kids upstairs and read them Brer Rabbit and Uncle Remus. I love those stories and can remember them from when we were kids!
So sweet!
Then I put this tired little pup to bead and laughed at how it looked like she was strangling poor Shaun the Sheep. His eyes look like they were about to pop out of his head! :) Ha! Maybe you just had to be there....
It was a FANTASTIC weekend! I'm so glad we made the effort to give the kids a fun time! I will never forget this night of excitement and (very mild) adventure with 3 of my very favorite people. Life at it's very best.










No comments:
Post a Comment