"Mom, I do not like your dress at all. But you have to like mine or you'll go to time out."
How about this jewel... during conversation about how other people beside just London are beautiful and how it's nice to tell other people they are beautiful because it makes them feel good, London tells me that I'm not beautiful. I asked why she would say that and she says, 'because I do not like your face at all.'
Ha! The truth of three year olds is harsh, but it's one of my most favorite things when said at appropriate times. The things out of this kids mouth are so funny! Here's a Londonism's post. I have probably written about some of these but I have a HUGE list of them stored on my phone so here goes!
Playing in my makeup one day. She was so very proud of how beautiful she was! :)
Tonight, I was reading her the book 'Peter Pan'. She said, "momma, peter pan lives in my heart.' I said, "No he doesn't, baby! God lives in your heart.' 'No, mom. God lives in my second heart' (hand switches sides of her chest to show me where.) I keep on reading... 'cinderella lives in my third heart.' Me: 'Does she?! Oh, okay!' I keep on reading.... 'Snow White lives in my heart over here (hand on left side of belly).... read some more... 'and all the other princesses live in my other hearts right over here (hand moves to right side of belly).
I let London dress herself one morning and she came in ready for school just like this. TOTALLY worth it! :)
She is three so wearing what SHE wants to wear is sometimes a mexican standoff. I tried reasoning that she couldn't wear her white patent leather shoes to school and she said, "Mom, it only hurts a little bit when my feet are all bleedy.' Dear lord.
Speaking of feet, earlier this week after breakfast, she came in moaning and said, 'My feet hurt.' I asked why and she said, 'cause i eated too much cereal and the milk ALL goned down to my foot.' We've got digestion down to a science at our house! Andaddy would be proud!
Her school hired a new director. Coach Crump. Coach is a very big, very tough looking, totally bald man.... and London looooooooves him. On the way to school last week she was telling me all about how there was a spider inside and Coach killed it. We pulled into the parking lot at the end of her story and she summarized with, 'Coach Crump killed that spider (then she interlaced her fingers into a fist, put her hands under her chin, and batted her eyelashes)... and he saved the day!' (In her dreamiest voice!)
Words I love:
Hue-normous= Combination of huge and enormous.
Sting-a-ma-dig = Thingamajig
Nufting= nothing
Hiccin'= Hiccuping
On purfuss= on purpose- (she's usually upset when we talk about people who did mean things 'on purfuss' which makes it even cuter!)
I'm brrrr'ing cold= Brrrr. I'm freezing cold. (this is a current fav for me!)
They have a teacher at school named Ms. Mataya, but no one can say that so they call her Ms. Potato.
Sappeared you= disappeared you. We sappear everything with our magic wand.
Bresfisk= Breakfast. Her version is SO HARD to say!
Lady and the Ramp= the movie Lady and the tramp
Sunday afternoon body art.
We went through a phase where she would pet everyone's skin and ask 'Who painted yourself?' She was looking for you to answer "God."
Two weeks ago, we were sitting in traffic and she was 'talking on the phone'. I was eavesdropping in on her conversation and she called Moses and told him that she and mighty angel Gabriel would come over today after school and play in the back yard. Oh I love it so much.
Peaking around the booth at the two darling older girls behind us at the mexican restaurant! So tickled by them!
We participated in the library's summer reading program this summer. We tried our hardest to fit in as much as we could and little miss read over 2,400 pages in 2 months! She got some super cheap, but way exciting prizes out of the library prize room and was so proud of herself for all of her reading! Here she is showing off her treasures!
And last but not least, my favorite story as of late. I picked her up from school one day and she was clearly upset. They had just come in from the play ground so we got up to the car, got her buckled in and I asked what was wrong. I took the note exactly as she said it....
"Molly hitted on me and when Hudson came to check on me I was all frown face so I went and sitted on a log."
She's my favorite person ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment