Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Extreme Babysitting and Londonisms

Let's start this next batch of posts with a collective, 'Grace to you, Taylor.' I'm awful at blogging lately and I have SO MUCH material!! So let's take a deep breath in and.... selah..... Great. Thanks for that!

I think London is hilarious! I know I've posted a lot of London posts, but were at the stage where she can put pretty much everything together the right way and her perspective is so fresh and funny to me! Here are a few highlights as of late:

Driving to school one morning:
"I love you, momma."
"I love you too baby."
"I wasn't talking to you, mom."
"Well, who were you talking to? Im the only person in the car named momma."
"I was leaving you a megges. You'll get it on your phone."
"A megges? Oh okay!"
(Then I realized that she was using Siri (the voice dictation feature on my phone) to send me a text message because that's how I write texts when Im driving! Ha Ha!!)
Lu: "I love you, Booper. I hope you have a fun day with Andaddy. Okay, i love you! Bye!"

She's THE BEST.

Related: Tonight on our way home from the gym, she was playing a game on my phone that has a play texting app. She was tapping away and, when finished,  asked me to look at it. I turned around and asked who she was texting with and she said, "I'm sending meggeges to the Lord."

She woke up this morning, so foggy eyed, held out her hands and said, 'Momma. My fingers are prinkling.' Meaning, of course, that her fingers were dead. I love it when she says this one! She also calls pine straw prinkly pricks.

We went to CVS Monday and she wandered off while I was reading the back of something. I found her with the whole lower half of her face covered in neon pink lipstick. So--- we now own a tube of pink lipstick.... and matching glitter gloss because I couldn't stop laughing at how funny she looked and I wanted this awesomeness to continue at home!  She put her new gloss on yesterday morning (read: SO MUCH gloss that she walks around with her lips poked out so it wont run off her face) and after breakfast she asked, "are my lips still sparkerish?"

Yesterdays compliment of the day: "Mom, you look adorbs." DAY MADE.

There's a boy in her class named Cash. Their teacher calls him Cash Money. London came home last Friday and said, "Cash Money brought monoculars for show and tell."

Her teacher recently went on a trip to New York, so to celebrate her return, London wore her I Love New York tshirt. But she keeps calling it 'Yew Nork' which is the greatest thing ever. She keeps telling me all these cool stories about Ms. Taylor's trip to Yew Nork. :)

She likes to practice her 'stand hands'. Yep. You read that read that right.

The way you tell the difference between boys and girls is that boys have eyebrows and girls have eyelashes.

She wants to be a long haired teacher when she grows up.

"Momma, when we get out of the car, I'm going to try a new dance move with my fingers in my ears." :) It was as great as you're imagining it to be!

Sky gazing at a sky full of choppy clouds one afternoon.... "Mom, why did God cutter up the clouds like that?"

I told her about Booper letting a friend keep some horses and ponies at her house for a while and how we were going to see if one day we could ride the ponies. She was fascinated and when I was finished talking she said, 'Booper's going to have horses? And ponies? And a unicorn?'

Last one, I promise!! Booper came to babysit a few weekends ago so I took advantage of the extra hands and went for a run. I live in a semi rural area of town, so I passed some goats, horses, bulls, and donkeys while I was out. Also,  it was the first time I've ever gotten run of the road by a vicious dog. Not cool. I drove London by all the animals on our way home and we stopped to make 'bahhhhh' noises at the goats. London stuck her head out of the window and said in such a serious voice, 'Hi there, Mr. billy goat. Thank you for being nice to my mommy and not mean to her.' .... then everything inside of me melted from the sweetness!

Can I get an AMEN from any of the other moms out there? I bought London some gum balls and apparently she secretly got in to them and didn't close the bag all the way. I pulled on to a high traffic road and started hearing this clinking noise. I looked down and this little rainbow of treats was rolling all over the passenger floor board. But seriously, who has time to pick up 50 gum balls? So I left them there for 3 full days. Most annoying sound ever! I just did NOT have the energy to pick all those suckers up! Eventually the gum ball's won and I put them back in their rightful place.
Being a mom is not at all hard, but it's funny how it's sometimes the smallest of things that you fully resign to and just say, 'Nope. I can't deal with this right now'. Then we can ignore the mess out of that thing until we have the mental capacity to tackle the task! :)
Here we start the week of Extreme Babysitting. Jill is a high school teacher, which demands a lot of after school time. Her husband travels a good bit for work.They have no family near by..... except for US!! I got recruited for after school pick up one day and was WAY EXCITED about it! I grabbed these wild things and took them immediately for ice cream! It is so hilarious to listen to them talk with each other! London and Knox argue about everything! Lucas stays pretty quiet but he'll pipe in with some grumpy interjection from time to time! He is the greatest kid! He is this super strange combination of grumpy and totally adorable and sweet at the same time. I think it's impossible to define. You just have to be around him! I've never met a funnier combination of characteristics!
A few days later, we were off to the Rhea's to babysit the kids while Barry was in Columbus having foot surgery. London was pumped. She sat in Lizzy's car seat on the front porch, singing songs, waiting on them to get off the school bus. Happy as a lark!
FULL SPRINT.
After school snacks with my 4 heartbeats....




The next morning I let all the kids make their own breakfast! They made some stellar boy/girl pancakes!
Just before lunch, I traded off the Rhea kids for the Thomas kids because Jill and Kurt were moving to a new (fabulous) house. I picked up Jill's swagger wagon and off we went to Chik-Fil-A! Three thumbs up!
The next day, we discovered a beautiful lake behind an office park in Hoover (Thanks, Kristine, for sharing your knowledge!!) There is a great trail around it and it took up a good hour or two of time to mosey our way around! The kids were thrilled with all of the green acorns and massive golden leaves. Lucas completely bit the dust at least 6 times and never once cried. Toughest kid ever. 

Lovely, right?

And one totally random pic because I'm too sleepy to move this to the correct post! London at school getting her learn on! Love this kid!



1 comment:

  1. I LURVE the Londonisms - don't ever stop, it is as adorable as you think - maybe more. Also, I love that you dive into keeping a pack of kids like it ain't nothing. Also, I love that a teenagers ice cream cone is her phone. Also, I promised myself I wouldn't let my comment be as long as the blog post, so just know I love every word!

    ReplyDelete