Can't believe I forgot to tell you this! We had our first family chicken slaughter this week! AHHHHHH! I know!! I finished teaching a spin class sunday and called powers to see what he was doing.. he broke the news that he was dismembering chickens... I asked how many... and he said all 3 roosters!! AHHHH!
I have to admit, my heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach and Powers said it wasn't all that easy to do. Bless his heart. I couldn't do it, no way no how! He did say that he saved our favorite for last. Little Jerry was spared the first killin'. :(
The yard is not the same without them, but it is MUCH quieter! Plus, the ladies are a-okay with living in their own backyard so we haven't had any prison breaks since Sunday either! Im sure our neighbors are thrilled! Powers said one of our chickens, Lonesome Dove, the one that the Roosters apparently thought was the prettiest and all fought over to be her boyfriend (if your pickin' up what Im puttin' down) was extremely happy that the guys were getting the axe. Powers said she watched the whole thing through the barn window! Wow! She was OVER IT!
Anyway, the ladies are uber happy that it's girls night every night now and I think we'll be having chicken for dinner Thursday... GULP ;\
No comments:
Post a Comment