London and I planned to go to a pumpkin patch with Jill, Kurt, and the boys, but the day before we were supposed to go, I had this overwhelming unsettled feeling over it. We cancelled, went to church, and ran into Barry's family before we headed home. Even though Barry was steadily shaking his head no, I solidified plans with myself to go buy pumpkins and show up at the Rhea's house, thereby forcing his hand at some good, old fashioned pumpkin carving. He ended up napping through the whole thing but Lala was spitting pumpkins out like it was her JOB! She was not messing around! The kids were interested for the first 10 minutes, then they were totally done with the whole pumpkin show. Kids.
Luckily, I got some sweet hangs with the first born, which delighted me to no end! I'll always be a sucker for Charley Rhea. There's just something special about your first true love!
At some point, I went inside to grab something, came out to see the kids playing in the woods and had to have this convo:
Me: 'London, is that your bare naked butt?'
Lu: 'Yes ma'am.'
No clue.
We, of course, tagged along for the Thomas family pumpkin carving also. Kurt was so incredibly patient with the kids this afternoon! The whole activity took forever, but Kurt was totally content to let Knox and Lu scoop out every single seed! He is a good, good man.
They are all just too cute for words. I loved this picture! (Courtesy of Jillian.)
London had a blast at school on Halloween! They took a hay ride...
… dressed up in costumes….
… and had a 'trick-or-treating' party for lunch!
I loved having lunch with these two fun little nuggets!
The forecast called for rain on Halloween night, so we met up with friends and headed out early. I was glad we did because we were home and tucked in bed at a reasonable, school night hour!
London was Princess Ariel and Knox and Lucas were Minions. Watching Lucas wobble around like a true minion with his gurgled little boy speech was too much. They were hilarious in their get ups!
I was pretty convinced that London dressed up as the most beautiful girl alive. My heavens. I couldn't stop looking at her. Just beautiful.
I love it when the home owners dress up! This neighborhood is such a great place to go! All the people are as nice as they can be!
This house had great decorations! Well done!!
Greatest. Family. Ever.
Again, with all the adorable.
Poor Lizzy and Caden were sick on Halloween but sweet Lauren was determined to let them have some fun! They went to the library earlier in the night and got to have a warm, inside version of trick-or-treating! (Wait. Im not sure where this picture came from because their costume pictures are next! Oh well!)
This terrifying piece of man was on candy duty while the kids were away!
The rain ended up holding off until late that night so it was a perfect halloween this year!














No comments:
Post a Comment