Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Rocky Horror Masquerade Ball

The weekend after Emmaus, my two best friends in the world and I went out for a long overdue girls night! (Side note: my separate BFF's have now become mutual best friends so everything in my life is firing on all cylinders!!! Hooray!!) We went to watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the amazing Alabama Theater. It only seemed fitting to spend the weekend before getting all filled up with the Holy Spirit then 7 days later, go to watch a bunch of drunk boys dressed up like girls prance around a stage all night. Life has its twists and turns and I LOVE IT! 

The AL Theater is Ahhhhhh-mazing. Seriously. Drive to Bham and lets go. One of my very favorite places here! 
Happiness!

I had never seen Rocky Horror before so I was totally confused why the tickets said to bring rice, water guns, newspaper, toast, toilet paper, playing cards, and flashlights. Hannah explained that the show is all very interactive. People scream vulgar and ridiculous things during the movie and throw items around the theater that correspond with the scene playing. 
Hannah acted in this play in college and knew EVERY vulgar/silly line to scream! It was SO awesome and hilarious! Especially coming from a girl with the biggest heart you've ever met!  All the people around us were loving Hannah's depth of knowledge and spent the last quarter of the movie befriending her on Facebook! I was all 'BACK UP OFF MY BEST FRIEND!' cause seriously, I can't have anyone distract Hannah from time with me. RUDE. 
Things were a tad bit weird… but in a 'glad I know what all the hoopla is about now' kind of way! 


The post show floor! God bless the poor clean up team!
{I love you, you gaurenteed bringer of good times!}
This picture is only too realistic. Minus being all dressed up, this is just about every day for us.  Me assaulting Jill with some best friend loving, still hanging on tight to that french fry in my hand. :/
My friends are high class. They missed out on the goodness that is a 16 oz PBR. 
As fabulous, wonderful, and amazing as girls night out was, it was still a joy to get a 6 am wake up call from this little ray of sunshine. We decided to stay in our PJ's and pop on down the street to Waffle House for breakfast. Our waitresses name was Taylor and she and London were in love with each other by the end of our meal! Both of them had a special brand of joy and it was adorable to watch them make fast friends! 

I've been promised another night out for my birthday and there is no measure to gauge my excitement over it! LET'S DO THIS, LADY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment