Monday, July 13, 2009

Clearwater Community high horse!

What an amazing Sunday! We started our Sunday worship with a
good ole' southern style
'Victory in Jesus'... clappin, toe tappin,
the whole thing! IT. WAS. AWESOME! You
can't help but be ready
to receive a message after starting a morning like that!
Our
church is so unreal! I am so happy that we have all found our
home there! I venture
to say that no place can bring you to
intimacy with our Lord like our old, perfect
gym turned sanctuary!
Every time I walk in the door, I am propelled to place of time
with
Him that literally feels like I am sitting at his feet, enthralled by
His words.
We are so, so blessed to have found our home.

Then, last night, we had our second Wild Night! (Fun nights for
anyone really, but its
geared towards the kids). Its always so
good to hang out with our friends, but the chance
to dance
around and sing like crazy people doesn't hurt either! The
skit they did was
absolutely hilarious! I wish i would have video
taped it (although you wouldn't have heard
any of it because I
was dying laughing the whole time!) That is such a cool way to

reinforce the kids of our church... to show them that they can be
undignified when
worshiping... and that they are surrounded by
crazy folks who want to do the same thing!


I love the program that Tommy Ray has put in place! Serenity
came running up to me
afterwords, jumped in my lap, and screamed
'I love our church!!' I hope that same
excitement resonates in her
heart forever! I hope it does mine too! Our God is so good,
and
forgiving, and powerful. I'm amazed at his perfect plan!


I wish I had a zillion pictures so you could share in this day with
me, but my battery
died on my camera. :( Also, a little lagniappe
just in case you'd like to sing along...
I sang this little ditty all day
yesterday! Perfect song to be stuck in your head,
don't you
think?!



I heard an old, old story, how the Savior came from Glory
How He gave His life at Calvary, to save a wretch like me
I heard about His groaning, of His precious love’s atoning
Then I repented of my sins, and won the victory.


Oh, victory in Jesus, my Savior forever
He sought me, and bought me with His redeeming blood
He loved me ere, I knew Him, and all my love is due Him
He plunged me to victory, beneath the cleansing flood.

I heard about a mansion He has built for me in glory,
And I heard about the streets of gold beyond the crystal sea
About the angels singing and the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I’ll sing up there the song of victory.

(chill bumps! I can't wait for the Kingdom!)

1 comment: