Monday, September 21, 2009

Picture free post :(

We had a great time in Jackson this weekend! We have started visiting and staying more often, as being road warriors takes it's toll on a person! The silver lining of that cloud.... weekends with the outlaws!

It was great getting to spend some much needed and over due family time with the Lane's! Silver lining to being preggers? Mom Lane took me shopping for clothes with expandable waist lines and Gail (BFF and Neighbor) cleaned out her closet and brought me all kinds of goodies! (Can't wait to break out a good ole pair of fleece pj's that she donated to the big girl cause! They are SO SOFT and so NOT the type of clothes you wear to impress your husband and I LOVE THEM!! I'm sure Powers will be thrilled that I'll be donning them every night!)

Awesome things from this weekend:
1. Serenity. (That's a given!) She was SO SWEET and very lovely and cuddly (our favorite time!). She was a trooper and shopped til she dropped Saturday! Sunday morning we flat ironed her hair because she LOVES having straight hair.... as opposed to her awesome, all over the place curly hair that just makes her her! She is learning to pray specific prayers, and hearing her sweet little voice pray for her dogs and for the baby and for 'everybody to be safe and not get sick' is just the most beautiful sound! Oh how I wait for the Lord to do a mighty work in her....

2. Mom time. My mom-in-law is the best! She really is! She totally spoils me rotten and I love it! I was able to shop, nap, and take an ultra long bath with a stack of people magazines to flip through. Happy girl! Plus, she loves to play cards... just like me! I love sitting at their kitchen table and getting KILLED at every card game! (I'm a card gamer, but she is a PRO-FESSIONAL card game winner!)

3. Rooster's hamburgers! Powers has been dying for a 'real hamburger' so we immediately put Rooster's on the agenda when we planned our trip. Im not sure what to even say outside of 'Great Call, Hubbers!' It was scrump-diddely-umptios! Rooster's at Fondren Place. Burger. 'Nuff Said!

4. We marked 3 movies off our favorites list! We watched 2 kid friendly movies and Doubt (adult movie) and we were able to mark all 3 off our 'see again' list! That's progress, i guess!

5. Pine Lake Church Service. We always miss clearwater. That's a blanket statement. But, Chip at Pine Lake gave a great sermon on loving each other deeper and how powerful the supporting and burden bearing love of our family is. It was a great reminder to not only 'love you', but to bear this life with each other. To lift each other up constantly. I was so encouraged! Thank you, Chip!

6. Honey Bee Hives!!!
Powers got a bee hive for his birthday! (Which was definitely on the top of his 'must have soon' list! Thank you mom and dad!!) He was THRILLED! We wont be able to start the hive until next spring, but we have the wheels in motion to making our own honey! Powers is excited to be following in his dad's footsteps with harvesting honey and I will just keep my fingers crossed that our honey is as good as his! This should be a fun, hopefully sting-free project!
If anyone wants to know 3,000 fun facts about bees, call powers. He knows everything there is to know on bee's lives. Who knew there was so much to know!

7. Powers cooked dinner on Saturday night. He just 'threw something together' = delicious, stuff yourself full meal! Yay! I love when powers cooks!

As you can tell, great weekend! Now, back to the grind! Love you guys and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment