All the other wives of the guys leaving on the trip did all these great little surprises for their guys while they are gone and just proved themselves to be great wives! Me, nadda. I feel so inadequate today. So not the wife I want to be to him. Regret is a heavy weight and I feel 1,000 pounds heavier today :(
However, I am glad for this feeling so that I can call out to the Lord on behalf of my husband this week with the deepest yearnings for him to feel my love and prayers. I do think this is a great chance for me to fight for my husband in the wake of my dropping the ball while he was here. I am excited about leaving the TV off this week and spending time covering my man in prayer. Lord knows, i wish i had him right here so I could bear the truth of my shortcomings and apologize and just make it all right. He will have a glorious homecoming for sure!
Before he left, I email myself some random pictures he's taken from is phone over the past few months. I made the near fatal mistake of taking my camera out of my purse and I keep forgetting to put it back in there so I've missed tons of cute kids pics-n-stuff!
Here's elizabeth waiting on lunch in Columbus a few weeks ago. I loved this little face! I feel like she's thinking, 'seriously, where is my pb and j?'! This is right before she and Caden learned how to balance spoons on their noses! They were awesome at it!
This was a lot more clear on Pow Pow's phone, but it shows a little of our muscadine bounty! We have THOUSANDS of them! And they smell WONDERFUL!! :) This is taken from underneath the vine.

Here's the jewel beneath the carpet in our living room! Whoot! Our living room was carpeted, and powers scared me to death when he started pulling it up to see what was underneath, but look what we found! Its all cleaned up now and I have pics of my camera (which is lonesome sitting at my house since I never take it anywhere anymore!) Ill post the final product asap! These ended up being BEAUTIFUL! Unfortunately there are a few bad spots in the dining room but we are getting creative on how to fix those areas! All together we are thrilled about our find! Home improvement is so rewarding sometimes! Especially when your preggs and your husband has to do all the hard work!

Here are our weird, funny chickens! This is their new spot. They all huddle up in a corner of the house and just lay on top of each other. Weird-o's

Look how big they've gotten! That's Little Jerry on top.. the red one! He/She is the leader of the pack. (We still don't know which ones are boys and which are girls!!)
That's all for now! Pray for Powers this week as he works hard for the kingdom for the next week and a half! They sent a great group of guys to Africa and I know God has an amazing plan for them! Please keep him in your prayers and pray for God's will in all of their lives! I miss you so much, baby!



No comments:
Post a Comment