Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Po Po Powers

I haven't had the chance to brag on my awesome husband lately! As of a few weeks ago, Powers was officially hired to be a Birmingham Police Officer!!! Woooo hoooo! Congratulations Powers!
Powers first interviewed with the Bham Police Dept 15 months ago, I believe. Since then, he has gotten in fantastic shape, has worked his behind off, and is in the know on all things civil duty! We have watched hours upon hours upon hours of television with the subject being police & detective work, jail house, gang land, special forces... anything along those lines. He has watched til I am blue in the face! :)

He will start police academy on July 18th. (Which is nothing like the movie 'Police Academy' Im told!) He will be in academy for 5 months, then will be out on the streets with a partner. He is constantly studying to be ready for academy and Serenity is doing a top notch job of being his study partner! So much so that she can even say the whole phonetic alphabet!

I am so proud of him and excited to see what opportunities await him! Praying he will be a beacon of faith to his other academy classmates and then on to future partners he may have! Congratulations, Po Po Powers!

(Din Din, Po Po is the slang term for police!)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Powers! So happy for all of you, and I love that you explained the slang to Din Din!

    ReplyDelete